cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NashE
Constellation

Utilizing microSD card for apps and data on Galaxy On 5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung Galaxy On 5 keeps showing me notifications that I am low on storage.  When I look I only have about 883Mb of free space left of 8Gb and that is after deleting apps I no longer use and transferring Photos to my pc.  I have inserted a 32Gb microSD card.  When I go into My Files, I can see the card.  Now, how do I set the phone to use the card for data storage.  Can I have apps load to the SD card?  Or do I need to get a phone with more Gbs than 8?

Thanks in advance for any help and/or suggestions provided.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Utilizing microSD card for apps and data on Galaxy On 5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regretfully not, any content moved to the SD card must be moved manually

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there NashE, so moving Apps to an SD card can be tricky. The movement of apps is controlled by the app developers and whether or not they included the ability to execute the app from an external source in the coding. And in most cases, you can move the app but the app's cache data cannot be moved and stays on the internal memory. So while yes, you can move the app to the SD card - it doesn't actually help a lot towards the available space.  

If Samsung allowed the SD card to be used as adaptable storage, this would be easier completed. But Sadly, most Samsung tablets do not have this feature.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

NashE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the info.  Sounds like might have to get a new phone to resolve the problem.  In the meantime, is there a way to have the apps automatically store downloaded data or photos taken directly to the SD card?  The phone is actually my husbands and he is technically challenged.

Thanks again.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regretfully not, any content moved to the SD card must be moved manually

View solution in original post