Original topic:

Not able to voice record through WhatsApp, IMO messenger, and voice recorder on my Note 9

(Topic created: 04-28-2020 11:19 PM)
userOtuM0ll8jg
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I cant recording the voice through whatsapp imo messenger and voice recorder in note 9-But its working 100% in the camera.Guys please help me to sort out this.is that problem for mic or the software pbm?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userOtuM0ll8jg wrote:

I cant recording the voice through whatsapp imo messenger and voice recorder in note 9-But its working 100% in the camera.Guys please help me to sort out this.is that problem for mic or the software pbm?

Ok... I responded to your personal message, but gonna post here also in case others have the same problem.  

You checked the permissions on each app that you're having problems with?  Settings > apps > scroll down to voice recorder > permissions > and it says microphone?  Do the same for every other app that uses the mic to make sure that all the apps have the same permission.  

Does voice recorder give any error message when you try it?  

Have you tried to clear your cache partition yet?  

I can't see this being a hardware problem if the mic works while filming video.

If you want to test to see if the mic works then simply type in your keypad *#0283# on your phone app and this will take you to an audio test screen, from there click the second one down from the top, it should say something like "SPK mic" or "2nd mic", then just speak into it and if you hear yourself then it works and I doubt that it is a mechanical problem.  

•  
userOtuM0ll8jg
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You checked the permissions on each app that you're having problems with?  Settings > apps > scroll down to voice recorder > permissions > and it says microphone?  Do the same for every other app that uses the mic to make sure that all the apps have the same permission.  

•Yes the permissions are already allowed in every apps

Does voice recorder give any error message when you try it?  

• No.Its showing normal recording screen and recording,saving the file.If i Open the file only the blank sound

Have you tried to clear your cache partition yet?  

•i tried severel times brother

0 Likes
userOtuM0ll8jg
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

you want to test to see if the mic works then simply type in your keypad *#0283# on your phone app and this will take you to an audio test screen, from there click the second one down from the top, it should say something like "SPK mic" or "2nd mic", then just speak into it and if you hear yourself then it works and I doubt that it is a mechanical problem.  

I tried this way.My second mic also working.I can hear back what i am saying.i dont have any idea whats wrong with my phone

0 Likes
userOtuM0ll8jg
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

i recieved one software updation today and now and its working perfectly. Thanks brother @

0 Likes