Original topic:

What phone/What Brand will you be getting if Samsung kills the Note series?

(Topic created: 05-22-2021 12:40 PM)
userHxzCYD0QeL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello,

Being a long time Note user and seeing that the landscape of the Note series not releasing this year, if ever I was wondering if anyone has given any thought into what their next phone will be? I will not buy an "S" series phone, no matter how far they merge these into the Note series phones because I never wanted the "S" series of phones. I also will not purchase the Z-Flop phones. I have had Flip phones in the past, approximately 15 years ago and do not care to relive the flip phone experience no matter the new take on that design. I am sure my current Note phone will hold out another year or two easily as far as being useful but inevitably, it will need to be replaced. When that time comes, what will you be purchasing and why? I've only had Samsung phones since the debut of the Note 2, so what do other brands offer that will be comparable to the Note series of phone. I'm not saying that I am going to like those better than the Note series but, if Samsung leaves us without our phone series of choice, we have to have something to use. I definitely do not want an iNope.

10 Replies
Momohirai
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Which note are you currently using? I recently got the note 20 ultra so I think that mine will hold up for a few years for sure, but I get what you mean I hope that Samsung doesn't merge the note and the S series because I like the variety and the uniqueness that each device has. Why take that away? Plus if they do merge them you know that they will be way more expensive and that's gonna be tough for a lot of people that want the best of the best Samsung Galaxy phones, but if Samsung did merge them I'm thinking about getting a good mid range phone unless they come out with something REALLY good otherwise I don't know what else to get
0 Likes
userHxzCYD0QeL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I currently have the Note 10 Plus, 5G version. In the past I was upgrading every year but, it didn't make much sense with minimal upgrades to the phone and let's face it, they're not cheap. I was hoping that by the time the Note 21 came out they would have the under screen camera figured out so we didn't have that punch hole in the screen. That was one of the things I'd decided that I would hold out for. Now, it seems I may be waiting for a long time for a Note with no punch hole for the camera to be released. Hopefully, Samsung will figure something out, if not a mid range phone may not be a bad idea at all.
Adaboy
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have a Note 10+. It's a great phone still fast and feature rich. I'll give a replacement some thought in another year. Would I be willing to shell out $ money again we will see..
userHxzCYD0QeL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Hello,
I also have the Note 10+, so I figure I can get another year or two of use from this. It is still running fast and without issues so, I will wait and see what they decide to do with this line of phones.
Georgia2004
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Myself, I got a note 4, was ready to purchase the note 7 but it had issues so I waited and got a note 8 which had my head spinning with all the things it was able to do, then I got a note 9 which I currently use as a backup device, my main phone now is the note 20 ultra 5G which I got for a birthday present but out of all my devices I like my note 9 the best and if they put android 11 on it, I rather have it as my main phone I just like the locations of the s-pen and the fingerprint reader, and to me it function better for me unblocking my device then this note 20 my body sensor don't keeps my phone unlocked so I either got to put my pin in or fingerprint which to me is a joke, with the note 9 either one of four finger touch the sensor on the back and my note 9 ready to go to work, so being a note use, I like the functionality of the devices my note 4,8,9 and now 20, so if I was leaving the note lineup, guess I be headed to the one plus, can't beat the battery power of that phone, just got be careful about the carriers just don't needs a lot of bloat wares, just hope that Samsung get their act together before I really starting saying goodbye 😀
Momohirai
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yea I've been a Samsung user for almost all of my phones and they were excellent before but now they've gotten a little weird, I'm probably gonna stick with Samsung since my whole technology ecosystem is Samsung
userHxzCYD0QeL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I can understand that. I am also somewhat tied to Samsung, but if need be, I could change. It would suck though because of all the Samsung products currently in my home.
Momohirai
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yea ikr
Noob
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I agree, stay away from the INOPE as you put it. I would hold onto my Note 20 Ultra as long as I could. I doubt Samsung will end the Note series, I'm guessing here but, it's probably their most popular model. In my opinion they put out the S series as a possibly cheaper Note type phone. Again, just my opinion of course. I really do hope they continue to come out with better and better Note series phones...