cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Singh1
Asteroid

Why Samsung goes backwards in technology??

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was always a big fan of Note phones until this change because stylus was soo helpful in editing pics as it used to let you fill any color from the pic itself. But now, in Note 7 you will have to choose only from the default funky color options. You cannot fill the same natural color from the pic while editing them, which means technically it's just a useless stick while editing the pics now. I can not understand how stupid that person in Samsung's policy making would be who suggested to get rid of the best feature that their note pen always had. I know thousands of people who used to love note just because of this option. And, now just due to this even I'm not sure why to prefer Note 7 over iphone 7 Plus. I'm writing this because I still love note 4 more than iPhone 6 plus and I really hope that Samsung can fix this in Note 7's software update. Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: Why Samsung goes backwards in technology??

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, Singh1. We are glad to have you here in our Samsung Community and are happy to see your active participation. The feature you are speaking of is the new oil painting feature which utilizes certain colors allowing them to blend. The additional feature you are speaking of is still available under alternate settings on the device. We recommend waiting to get your hands on the new Note7 to get a better feel for the new more sensitive S-Pen and it's new additional features. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, Singh1. We are glad to have you here in our Samsung Community and are happy to see your active participation. The feature you are speaking of is the new oil painting feature which utilizes certain colors allowing them to blend. The additional feature you are speaking of is still available under alternate settings on the device. We recommend waiting to get your hands on the new Note7 to get a better feel for the new more sensitive S-Pen and it's new additional features. 

View solution in original post

Singh1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you. I really appreciate and I do hope that I'll be able to find that function in the alternative setting as the lack of that function was quite disappointing during a quick look at T-mobile. I've placed an order for Note 7 after your reply. Thanks again
Singh1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there,

Today I have received Note 7 and I've spend couple hours on it to see where is that "alternate setting" with which I can fill the color from the pic itself by using color sampling tool. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any such setting. Please help me, coz' for me without that tool, S pen is just some useless stick while editing the pics to match the natural colors of the pic itself. It will not a be pleasure if I'll have to switch to iPhone 7 plus after 2 months. I love Note phones but only because of that feature which allows you to fill the color from pic itself instead of choosing only from the default funky options, and I couldn't find any such thing oil painting. Please help.

Thank you

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, Singh1. This feature has been removed due to the new oil color mixing feature available in Notes. We recommend searching third party apps that provide greater editing tools available for creating custom images. Please remember to read all review and comments prior to purchase or download.