Original topic:

Why am I getting texts from the future?

(Topic created on: 4/22/21 8:59 AM)
Arlo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm recieving Texts with a Future Time Stamp. Last night/Morning at 1:28 am I received texts from 2 different people that were replys fron a text I sent them up to 2 weeks ago.  The texts are stamped with todays date but the time is stamped for hours later.  

These texts caused a panic last night when my recently brokenhearted Brother's text only said "Blew up" Thank goodness my level headed Husband open the text conversation. 

Can anyone tell what I can do or check so that doesn't happen again?

P.S. I live in Oregon. the time is currently 9:00 am on April 22nd and I have a Note 9 Screenshot_20210422-083436_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20210422-083617_Messages.jpg

3 Replies
Adaboy
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have recieved texts weeks later. My phone also sent weird texts to people with out me knowing. It just resolved on its own.
0 Likes
Airworthyear
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Go to settings then general management then date and time and make sure it's in your right time zone. Also make sure it doesn't say restart to update time settings. That happened to me.
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I recommend clearing the cache for the text messaging app. I also recommend that you also reset the network settings on your phone. 

0 Likes