JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why is Visual Voicemail Downloading?

(Topic created: 10-03-2023 10:08 AM)
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello, my dad had to get ANOTHER replacement Note 10+ device due to charging issues. Phone is all setup using Smart switch ... but now when I try to open the "Visual Voicemail" on the phone it says "Visual Voicemail is downloading please check back later. To check your voicemail right now dial *86. 

I went in app info and cleared app cache and app data, rebooted phone, took out aim card rebooted phone, inserted SIM card to no-avail. 

Is this a Samsung question or a provider issue? 
6 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
This is a provider issue, visual voicemail is offered by T-Mobile (I'm pretty sure), so you should probably go to a T-Mobile store or call them. Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling it?
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
There is no delete. That's what made me think it was innate to Samsung.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello KdrewH, We know how frustrating it can be having to replace a phone, and even more frustrating not being able to access voicemail.

Have you tried the solution posted in this link? https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/Visual-Voicemail-Downloading/m-p/2633039

Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Praise the Lord. Haha. Thank you so much. I had searched the forum prior to posting my question and didn't find any posts - so thank you for pointing me in the right direction. That fixed it.
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You are welcome! We are happy we could help!

Dvs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I can't get my voice mail to work.people say they are leaving massage but i don't see them