Original topic:

Why micro SD card is a dying trend

(Topic created on: 5/2/21 9:41 AM)
TheGalaxy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Performance limitation
 No matter how good your SD card is, it doesn't even come close to the performance of internal storage. The read/write speed is many times lower specially when moving big files. That's why your apps start faster when installed on internal storage. 

It's our own fault
 We are getting less technical and as a result Android is getting less technical. Micro SD card is a tool for those who know what Android can do for work or school or other things that is involved with moving files. We are becoming consumers and not developers. You'll be surprise to hear that Samsung used to make developers version of their phone for sale so that people can improve the phone ability. But now the gap between the developers and consumers are getting wider. 

Google influence
 Since Google does not make premium phones, and Google is one of the biggest cloud storage service provider, their phone lack SD card, and as result Google locks the permission access to data folder of your SD card with Android 11. If it wasn't be cause of Google, other companies would have already make phone that is not dependent on PCs and we would have phone that are much more capable than what we have now. 

Samsung reaction
 Companies like Samsung have no choice to take away the SD card because of the combination of reasons above. What sales more is what demands the most. I just hope with the next Note series Samsung would still care enough about those of who want to be real Android user and offer a real Android product. 

The rest of us
 For those of us who use SD card, who are technical, who want to move their game data to new phone and not use proprietary cloud service, who use SD card to move work files and app files, we have to find other ways that are mostly limited. 
6 Replies
ptco911
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I believe Samsung and other manufacturers are cutting their own throats by taking away the SD card option.
User_A7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I agree with you. Having MicroSD Slot is very convenient & if they don't continue with it, I will not be getting anymore Samsung Note or any other models of Samsung either.
Handyviv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

WHY would they give us an sd slot if it is UNUSABLE???

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
They try not to
0 Likes
sleepy101
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
My disagreement is only this by utilizing the SD card for non important data will at least give you a place for pics . Movies and music. My question is this is an open platform the right move just look at what Darkside was able to do. Now think if 100 or 1000 people that have the knowledge to rewrite or even over ride. not every one is responsible just saying
0 Likes
User_A7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Instead of focusing on cloud storage to make users spend more money, why don't Samsung just put MicroSD Slot In All Their Mid & Higher End Models? Bringing files from any cloud storage to device is much slower than MicroSD Slot!!!

I'm sure Samsung & Team will probably take this comment down because there are some facts mentioned here & they don't like facts being said by users.
0 Likes