JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wireless Charging Paused message

(Topic created: 09-01-2016 09:44 PM)
Note5User
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My Note 5 will not work with Samsung Wireless Chargers.  I am currently using a Nokia wireless charger without issue and can use the pads at Starbucks without issue.

Purchased the new Samsung Fast Charge Wireless Charging Stand prior to my Marhmallow update.  Worked fine for about two weeks and then it stopped (about 10 days ago).  After that whenever the phone was placed in the cradle it would connect and then about 5 seconds later the screen would flash the message "wireless charging paused' and charging woudl stop.  Tried placing the phone in various positions, with and without cover, after reboot, etc. without success.  Went to Verizon and completely stumped them.  Placed in the same charger in the store and replicated the problem.  Placed in an older wireless charger at the store and it worked fine.  Tried the Daydream setting and that did not fix the problem.

Verizon suggested installing the Marshmallow update to see if that would fix the problem.  Loaded the update and now I don't get the message and it still does not work and now I have to deal with the other Marshmallow issues.

Thought it might be the fast charger so I tried the Samsung Galaxy Wireless Charging Pad.  Tried all the same things and it still did not work.  Turned on Daydream and it worked (however I don't want the phone to sit on daydream).  So I am back to using my trusty Nokia charger and returning all my Samsung products to the store. 

Could Samsung really have that big of a design flaw with what should be compatible products?

I sent a note to the Samsung service center and they were useless.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,

224 Replies
roblander
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've had 3 Samsung chargers (black flat one, white flat one. black stand one) and have had nothing but trouble with all three and my Note 5.  Constantly pausing while charging.  I finally gave up on all the arcane directions as to what "might' fix the problem.  Ended up having to use the USB cable plug-in charger.

I bought an Elephas stand (with 2 coils) and the phone connected instantly the first time and every time since.  And I've had absolutely no "paused wireless charging" incidents.  Plus the phone isn't hot when I pick it up off the charger, unlike the Samsung chargers, when they would work.

*Edited*

0 Likes
DesmondStoddard
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've not had any problems with the Samsung charger and my Note 5. Ultimately, though, cable charging is better. I get about 36 hours on a charge and go from 0% to 50% in 30 minutes. The charging rate is linear in that regime. So every minute I have it plugged in I get 36 minutes of daily use. The mag charger is what I use when I don't care how long the charging takes.

0 Likes
Nikkidee1987
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

*Found a solution that works*

I have 2 wireless chargers. I have a Note 5 ....One wireless charger started acting screwy a few days ago, it kept saying charging paused. The other charger worked perfectly fine (with the same phone). I removed the cord & the adapter from the pad that did not work. Then I placed the (non working) pad onto the cord and adapter of the one that was not showing an error and NOW the pad that was NOT WORKING  and was showing the message "charging paused"  is now working perfectly!

So it's not the PAD, it's the charger. I saw where some people have replaced the cord. It might be the adapter or the whole thing! (Also the cord is some special low voltage cord & adapter) 

I really hope this helps someone! Samsung made a pretty great product I like not having to plug my phone in everytime.  Maybe they can send a replacement charging cord and adapter... Best of luck!

Aquilis69
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The only method I found was to connect it to my p.c., Xbox, tv, DVD, it's slow but rarely get the charging paused error.

0 Likes
IronSides
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I removed the base plug and placed the usb end into my Xbox One and it did indeed charge it, I have yet to get any error messages.

0 Likes
userdCUNSD03oT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Aquilis69 suggestion fixed it for me - Pause, Pause, Pause.  Plug it into PC and not only is it charging wirelessly without pausing - it looks like it's charging quicker than Normal charge...

0 Likes
Sam9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Changing the cord made it work, Thx

0 Likes
userNbUYX2tx1u
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks!  Changeing the charger worked for me too.   I tried the update, clear cache to no avail.  I was using the manufacturer fast charger and cable which works fine for fast charging.  Using the same cable, when I changed from the fast charger to the USB charger on my surge protector the problem was resolved.

0 Likes
userLDwg2wH6Xt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm having the same issue. Its not hardware related imho. A little background on myself- I manage a store for one of the big 4 and ive only seen the issue a few times, which resulted in a warranty exchange.  This started for me a couple months ago after doing an update, since then ive tried it on the other "demo" wireless chargers with the same effect. For me specifically if i leave the phone on the charger and restart it without removing it it'll charge. Ive passed this up to my Samsung field rep, but i know its so compartmentalized that it'll never get addressed in time.  It seems to be a bug for sure and the only remedy seems to be an exchange of the device.

For my fellow posters in here just understand that forum tech support can only do so much, i doubt they have direct access to an engineer and im sure they have other bugs that are being worked on. Hopefully, this eventually will make its way up the ladder. 

T

0 Likes
useriRBWhuS49f
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Your solution worked perfectly.  Looks like older cord/plugs (Samsung) work.  Is it a design flaw with the newer ones that come with the Fast/Wireless Chargers?  I don't know... but your advice was right on the money.  Many thanks!

0 Likes