Original topic:

Wireless Charging not working.

(Topic created: 05-09-2022 01:44 PM)
Parmelee
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Hello, I need help. Wireless charging no longer works on my phone. It worked before but now it my phone won't charge. How can I fix this? I have the Samsung Note 10
8 Replies
Charkatak
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
It depends why it stopped working. If it was after an update then it might be a software glitch. This could also be a hardware problem.

Try turning off your phone and after it is off, place on wireless charger and see if it works.

Don't know if wiping cache partition will help in this situation, but give it a try. Read instructions and if you are not comfortable doing it then skip this. https://thedroidguy.com/wipe-cache-partition-galaxy-s20-1123375

Parmelee
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I will definitely try it. Thank you!
bdh1975
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Oddly enough, my Note 10+ (factory unlocked SM-N975U1) did the exact same thing, about the same time as yours did: wireless charging no longer works.  I know for a fact it is the phone itself because when placed on my desk wireless charging setup, my truck wireless charger, and my husband's wireless charger - all various brands of chargers which all previously worked just fine - all three recognize the phone is there but the LED on each charger starts rapidly blinking indicating there is a power transfer issue.  I've also done the various steps, and am about to do the unthinkable: back it up with SmartSwitch then do a factory reset (ugh!).  I am *hoping* this will be a fix, that it is just a software glitch.  Which would seem to perhaps be the case, as I first noticed the issue occurred the day after an update was pushed to the phone and I let it install right before i went to sleep that night.  But from what I have researched thus far, it may very well be a [common, i.e. known problem] hardware issue [with Samsung], where the wireless charging coil inside the phone itself just goes bad.  In which case you are looking at an expensive repair, that must be done by Samsung or risk losing your IP68 rating. IPxx ratings are, if you didn't already know, a measure of a device's ability to resist dust - the first x, and water - the second x, from infiltrating the device.   Dust is measured as 1-6, with a 6 being the best, water is 1-8, with of course 8 being the best and only rating truly able to say a device is "waterproof" - albeit with numerous caveats, of course.  In other words, you really don't want to lose that watertight seal that only Samsung-authorized repair facilities are capable of preserving.

Wish me luck.  I'll update if it works so you/others know to try this step of last resort...

0 Likes
bdh1975
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

OK so tried three more things, no luck:

1. Reset all settings

2. Safe Mode

3. Reset to Factory

I guess that means it's repair time or getting a Qi receiver that goes between the phone and case (on Amazon for around $14).  Hope you gave better luck than I did.

useruvUDs01Ij3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

After April month update, my wireless charging stopped working on Note 10 Plus. I even changed the charging coil in the phone, but still same issue. Did April update messed up wireless charging? Any plan Samsung will be fixing this issue in May release? The phone has been charging without any issue before this update.

Hugo Stiglitz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same issue here with the Note 10+.

I'm trying to track this issue others have brought up throughout the forum. No fixes yet.

0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

which wireless charger are you using? 

Submit an error report after replicating the issue
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

0 Likes
userNWu1RM1Ssj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

i am having the same issues after the april update i noticed my wireless charger stopped today i hoped may update will fix it but still no luck 

0 Likes