cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fxc195
Constellation

Wireless charging pad stops charging and blue LED starts blinking- Note 5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have just updated the latest OS(Marshmellow). Since then when I use the samsung wireless charging pad the LED startings blinking blue after a few minutes and stops charging. Before that the charging pad worked fine all the time.

It happens repeatedly, when I just plug the cord into the phone it self the phone charges fine. So there seems to be something that was part of the upgrade that is causing the phone to stop charging.

So here is exactly what happens: I put the phone on the pad and it indicates that charging as started by show me the circular wave pattern and the charge %. The battery indicator has the little lightning bolt.  After a few minutes (1 or 2) the blue LED on the charging pad starts to blink Blue and charging stops.

What is the fix??

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user0Sxfs1i3EH
Constellation

Re: Wireless charging pad stops charging and blue LED starts blinking- Note 5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had the same problem.

Unplugging the cord from the wireless charger and plugging it back in, fixed it. 

View solution in original post

86 REPLIES 86
Jskinvest
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having a similar problem after the recent marshmallow upgrade. In my case, the phone charges on the wireless pad without a problem until it gets to 95%. Then it literally takes an hour and up to 3 hours to go from 95% to 100%  Samsung recommended that I go into a local BestBuy and have the Samsung rep reinstall the software through their computer. They said it may have been a problem with the over

the air update. I have the Galaxy S6 on Verizon

userPbTLpjN3M9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I turned NFC back on and now it is fine

userMqmwRRWk76
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My NFC is off. It may alleviate the problem by turning on the NFC, but that is not the reason why it is blinking.
Coils need to be properly aligned, for best charging. Slide the cellphone from side to side, or even place it horizontally on the charger. LED will turn blue, steadily.

user1h8a03msJo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The blinking blue behavior is some general "I'm not charging right" signal. The problem may be coils misaligned as the previous poster said, but it can evidently be other things too.

In my case it was a cheap USB cable that was the problem . I happen to have two identical phones (Galaxy S7 edge),  two identical charing pads (El Cheapo), and two identical USB cables (also El Cheapo, purchased recently at a Target checkout carousel). So swapping around  was easy and isolated the problem clearly.

It helped that I had another symptom too. The charging pad has two LEDs. The orange one is normally on steady all the time after power-up to indicate the device has power. But it was flickering constantly, even when there was no phone on the charger, although so faintly I didn't notice it at first. Swapping phones, pads and wall warts around didn't change that, but swapping cables did. Bingo. The flickering evidently means the device is not getting correct power.

So: first check your coil alignment as posted above. Then swap out the USB cable. Cables fail more than you think. Then try swapping around other componenets. And watch the lights carefully.

userXuypHuyqCj
Astronaut

Re: Wireless charging pad stops charging and blue LED starts blinking

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Today I learned that it is mandatory to use the charger that came with the unit....it is different than a regular Samsung plug in power supply that came with the phone.  Using Samsung6 and use pluged it into the standard charger.   It doesn't work with that one.      

usergSmjJKzCkC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with both my s8 and my note 8.

CARWING17
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Me too!
useraYlCJN3b4C
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem. Help

userPbTLpjN3M9
Constellation