Original topic:

android 11 update.

(Topic created on: 1/24/21 2:35 AM)
userB0G5YVwZQ3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Unless any of you samsung users like Apple. Then I suggest you dont update your galaxies to the newest Android 11 update samsung has released. Things about it look so much similar to iPhones newest update its gross. I been a Samsung user since 2010 loved their phones and how unique they were & now they are just trying so hard to be like apple. Seriously thinking of switching android brands 
10 Replies
JhonBranders
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Whats the change?
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Just about everything. Do yourself a favor, enable dev options in settings and toggle auto updates off. i envy those running One UI < 3. Checkout reddit r/one ui. complaints and sheep all around
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Big step backwards (so bad it feels intentional, to then look like a hero with another update)
userB0G5YVwZQ3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
to be honest it's very minor changes but I'm not a person who is about change. but changes are personalization on the lock screen and thats cool and all that's not what bothers me. what gets me is the style that they made it. best way I can describe it is bubble style and it just has its similarities to apples homescreen. everyone I know practically has an iPhone and I've showed them and even they agreed. idk I can just be over exaggerating. then the way it looks to put your password on your lock screen looks like an iPhone and the way it's blurry in the background now instead of a solid white or black background
userB0G5YVwZQ3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
when you drag down the notification center
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Or when you try to drag on a text notification to respond only to realize that it had glitched yet again and you have to open the app to reply
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You're far from alone. I have been with Samsung since the S3. This update is so bad. Honestly, just keep spreading the word. I've saved a few over on Reddit from ruining their devices with Android 11/One UI 3. Google flopped, Samsung flopped harder.
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Im considering rooting (really dont want to tho) and just wiping this cancer off by heading back to Android 10, One UI 2.5
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'd be here for hours if i had to list everything wrong. Seriously, so massively (sorry but words cannot express) how f-ing disappointed i am.
I bought the Note 20 Ultra in September (already sacrificing by losing my headphone jack [Note8], dealing with a camera bump, no more hard press home -> idc about fingerprints/secure locks and of course, a lighter wallet).
One UI 3 is terrible. When i saw the splitscreen change my initial thought was, "yeah, no thanks. good thing Samsung set an option to revert to the previous method....oh god no".

What in the honest f happened. There is NO WAY Samsungs devs are proud of this mess. No way. As a developer & recently promoted leade , i would NEVER have released this stable. THIS IS TRASHHH.
Samsung, if you are reading this, grow a pair and start firing people. Clearly they do not deserve their fat salaries. I've delt with similar bs half a** devs and it only gets worse - trust yourself.