Original topic:

auto rotate and sensors stop working

(Topic created on: 3/12/21 5:08 PM)
Incog
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
After joining the beta program for Android 11. One thing I do is do a factory reset before restoring data, this way any upgrade garbage is remove. 

One thing I reported in January was that screen rotation stopped working and only a reboot would resolve the issue. This is true now as well. Also I noticed and still noticing that when the screen rotation stops working, the sensors do as well. 

Let me clarify that one. Meaning when you make a phone call and put the phone to your ear the screen goes dark, and when you pull it away from your ear it lights up. That stops working too ! So, now when you want to end a phone call the screen does not light up and you are forced to double tap the screen then end the call.

I have yet to see anything from sammy acknowledging this issue and what if anything they are doing to resolve it .

As far as I am concerned the Samsung beta program did nothing to address anyone's concerns and I heard so many complaints about how bad this last one was compared to others. Only one beta for note 10 then went to final. So many bugs 

NOTHING RELATED TO FACTORY RESET OR CLEARING EITHER THE SYSTEM CACHE OR ANDROID SYSTEM WEB VIEW CACHE RESOLVES THESE PROBLEMS. 
4 Replies
ConorSmith
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Same here. On a galaxy s10+. Not a part of android beta as far as I know.

My picture-in-picture stopped working a few days ago too.
0 Likes
Incog
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
nothing but crickets from Samsung .. not surprised
0 Likes
usercidaC16Dov
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the same exact issue on my Galaxy Note 10 plus. Any fix? 

0 Likes
Incog
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
still crickets from lame Samsung on the matter. their support is as poor as Google support lately.

also be prepared for less bug fixes when our device hits 3 years , they are supposed to go to 2 updates per year. pretty c.r.a.o.p.y if you ask me considering it's week 3 of march and zero March update.

getting sloppy of Samsung
0 Likes