cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SURFNUT19
Astronaut

back up cellphone

How can I back up my cellphone. The internal and sd card data to an external drive with out a computer. If I ever need a replacement phone from being lost or damaged.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: back up cellphone

Samsung Smart switch has a option for SD back up

SirWalt
Galaxy

Google and or samsung cloud. You can upgrade your phone and by signing into your account on your new device should transfer it over automatically.

SURFNUT19
Astronaut

As I use DEX mode more. My note 9 is becoming my pocket computer for everyday computing needs. Backing up my phone like a computer to a external harddrive. Without a cloud service. Some information on a cellphone/computer you do not want on a cloud service.

SirWalt
Galaxy

That is true, but everyone do not have access to a computer. If so I would agree.

Supernova

@SURFNUT19 wrote:

How can I back up my cellphone. The internal and sd card data to an external drive with out a computer. If I ever need a replacement phone from being lost or damaged.

@SURFNUT19 

Depending on the model, your phone should have a backup feature in settings>accounts and backup>backup and restore...  

Backup SD card contents via Google Drive by uploading yoru sd card data to a folder