Original topic:

edge lighting

(Topic created on: 12/18/20 12:21 PM)
Cyberwasp
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Since we no longer have the LED to indicate text, calls or other instances I've been using edge lighting on my note 20 ultra.

However it only lights up when those instances happen. How about making it so it flashes every minute until the user responds, or let the user. Choose the duration 
0 Likes
7 Replies
XengenAlpha
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You can adjust the duration. Go to the brief pop-up settings, then Edge Lighting Style, tap advanced, and you can make the duration either short/medium/long.

Hope this helps!
0 Likes
userka75hKvQ4P
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It is not enough. It should be so, that you can see at a glance that you have any unread notifications. Also it could be useful to be able to disable it on unlocked screen, not only on locked as it is right now.

Cyberwasp
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
yes you can do that, still if you don't see it happening you still won't know unless you wake the display.
0 Likes
XengenAlpha
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
or leave always on display on
0 Likes
XengenAlpha
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You can disable it altogether if you want. Either entirely, only on home screen or on both lock screen and home screen. Take time to explore the settings.

Hope this helps!
0 Likes
userka75hKvQ4P
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes I know I can disable it. But if you ask me, I would like it to keep edge lighting on on locked screen and off on unlocked. I don't see any use of it on unlocked screen because I'm already looking at it, do you know what I mean? In 2.5 I could disable it on unlocked screen. Now in 3.0 it can be disabled altogether or on locked screen only...

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
could try the settings, accessibility, advanced settings, flash notifications for screen and/or flashlight instead. can then set notification reminders so you don't miss any. those two are more noticeable then the edge lighting IMO and work for all notifications not just the available edge light ones.
0 Likes