JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

how to search for and download an app

(Topic created: 03-06-2022 01:38 PM)
SweetTasha
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I want to download an app valled "visual voicemail". I execute the search steps and it shows me this:

search for app on note10.png

What should I do now to download the app?

TIA for your suggestions.
SweetTasha.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
tom2055
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Just go to the google play store, and search there. You should find it

Edit: for downloading apps using the search function doesn't work. It is more for searching for on-device Apps, picture files etc. If you're looking for an app using the play store is the best wayScreenshot_20220306-154414_Google Play Store_33250_1646603054.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Solution
tom2055
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Just go to the google play store, and search there. You should find it

Edit: for downloading apps using the search function doesn't work. It is more for searching for on-device Apps, picture files etc. If you're looking for an app using the play store is the best wayScreenshot_20220306-154414_Google Play Store_33250_1646603054.jpg
0 Likes
SweetTasha
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

tom2044,

You are correct. It is in Google Play. I had downloaded previously, but then I couldn't move it to my home page. I thought that perhaps if I re-installed it by first searching (as I did now) that I would be able to put it on my home screen.

But it still doesn't go to my home screen. I've encountered that problem before also, but I tried it and it didn't work now. I'll open a new topic for that.

Again, thanks for your help. I'll mark your reply as the solution.
SweetTasha.

0 Likes
tom2055
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Hmm one thing you can try for future app downloads (if you want apps to be automatically added to the home screen)

press and hold on the home screen, and click "settings" then tap "add new apps to home screen"

Once it's downloaded it should pop up in the search, but I've never used a carrier voice mail app so I'm not entirely sure as to how it work
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
What carrier are you using ?
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You may want to check your Apps, open up your settings and then click on the application option and then click on the little lines to show all system applications and then scroll down to see if it's already installed on your phone, if so open the application and it should allow you to configure it
tom2055
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yes, try this- hadn't even thought of mentioning it!