Original topic:

how to stop apps from closing when ram isn't fully used?

(Topic created on: 1/22/21 6:54 PM)
YellowPoptart
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have 12gb of ram and I've never used all of it, I want to take advantage of the 12gb ram and keep all apps running no matter what unless I manually close the app itself. How do I do this?
14 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
When you open task manager (to see what apps are open), you can click on the icon at the top and select "keep open." I think you can only do this for 3 apps though (but I could be wrong)
0 Likes
YellowPoptart
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I've already tried this, although it does extend the time a little longer, it's not permanent. I want the app to be open unless I want it to stop. Even if I enabled 3 "keep open" apps, there's still a lot of ram left?
0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
should be able to change the threshold settings in your system persistence. making this larger will allow you to keep applications open by extending the process limits before the device auto closes them. Can find those settings towards the bottom in your Dev Settings
0 Likes
YellowPoptart
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
is the setting called "background process limit"?
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
yes
0 Likes
YellowPoptart
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
so is the higher the process limit, the longer apps stay open?
0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
the higher the process limit the more processes can be open before the onboarding shuts it off for security purposes. So in theory, as long as you dont break that said limit, your background processes wont turn off by the system allowing you open windows for however long
Ex: Process Limit set to 15 but only run 10 Background Processes keeps you under the threshold
0 Likes
YellowPoptart
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
so my phone can go up to process limit 4, so as long as i keep no more than 4 background apps, the limit won't break?
0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
no kind of the opposite. it is limiting your phone to only having 4 processes at any given time before closing some. Your "Standard Limit" is set to 20. this is needed because devices nowadays run around 12 processes at any given time. Dropping below 4 would increase battery life and speed but at the expense of usefulness leaving your phone operating like an old school Nokia if that makes sense.
0 Likes