Original topic:

is this 5g

(Topic created on: 2/18/21 7:17 PM)
red5858
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I just bought phone used offline unlocked.Getting conflicting info.  Is my note 10 plus sm-n975u 5g
Capable. Att said it is .All other info says no.I have not been able to log on 5g network..Yes I have 5g plan and yes I am in zone. Att says my ime number is on list for 5g.No 5g is not in network setting.Help!
5 Replies
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Honestly I would Google your question
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@red5858 

No, the SM-N975U does not have 5G hardware. 

The SM-N976U has 5G hardware. 

red5858
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have a updated for those with similar issue.So AT&T said some of the newer phone of this model have the ability. I contacted a Samsung technical support and they said no.I was about to send phone back to Back Street the following day after talking to samsung.The day before I did, I happen to be further in the 5g coverage zone when I look down and was suddenly connected to 5g network. And internet was very fast ,very noticeable to me.Kinda like I always wanted it to be. You click ,it works,no loading ,buffering waiting and wondering if it will.So now I think about post isn't that helpful. Is your model sm-n975u 5g compatible?. Well maybe.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@red5858 

"...The day before I did, I happen to be further in the 5g coverage zone when I look down and was suddenly connected to 5g network..."

What you are seeing is AT&T's fake 5G logo. It does not mean that you are really using 5G. See articles like https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/20/21265048/att-5g-e-misleading-advertising-recommendation-narb

0 Likes
red5858
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I will says this,have your phone network provider run you ime# along with model.Google can just leave u more conflicted. But thanks for everyone response.I really do appreciate it.
0 Likes