note 8 not charging or powering on

SOLVED
Astronaut

my wife's note 8 turned off today and won't turn back on. tried the soft reset and safe mode button pushes and it won't turn on. When it's plugged in, the red light doesn't turn on.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by SamsungTrevor (Samsung Moderator)
2 weeks ago

Re: note 8 not charging or powering on

If anyone is experiencing this difficulty, please get in touch with our Facebook or Twitter support for the quickest turnaround for help with your concern. You are also welcome to get in touch with me via Private Message, but our social channels will provide you with the quickest repair options for your device.

Thanks to everyone for reaching out about this!

68 REPLIES

Oh wow, @userorvCpmqL66. That doesn't sound good at all. I definitely understand the need to have a working device. 

Was the phone doing anything in particular before shutting off? 

Also, so I can give you more accurate information, can you look at the back of the device towards the bottom and send me the model number starting with SM-?

I'll gladly look into this for you. 

Captain

I had the same problem with my wife's Note 8! we had to do a warranty exchange on it.
Astronaut

My wife's Note 8 just did that today too.

Constellation

Same here.  Not happy about it.  Sprint store tried to make it work by trying all the resets too and couldn't.  Sending it back to Samsung tomorrow, with shipping time I'm out a phone for a week.  I never had a problem with any of my cell phones that cost half as much.  Not happy about this.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, everyone. 

For those who haven't reached out to support and set up a repair or return, can I get the same device information as requested above? 

Samsung Moderator

Good afternoon, everyone! This particular problem with the Note 8 not turning on is definitely something that we wan't to get addressed immediately. 

@Blakep, I know you already ended up getting a warranty exchange on your Wifes model. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get the situation taken care of.

@userorvCpmqL66, @userEE6qm6jOQH & @userUlqLL5O35x, do you three mind sending me a PM with your phone's IMEI numbers? 

Since the phones themselves will not turn on, you can find this information on your purchase receipt, or on the original packaging it came in.

Please do not share your IMEI number on the public thread, I definitely do not want your personal information left vulnerable to malicious intent. 

I look forward to your messages. Thank you all so much for participating in the Community! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Repair Center replaced faulty battery and charging system...and then....

I finally get my phone back today and the repair center forgot to re-insert the sim card tray back into the phone.  Without the simcard tray the phone is not useable.  No simcard tray= no simcard.  No simcard - no service.  After 20 minutes mostly on hold with Samsung they are sending me the simcard tray to arrive in 2 more business days.   So now, I am driving 7 hours to D.C. to spend Thanksgiving with family tomorrow and I don't have a cell phone.

I am 10 days and counting without a phone because mine came with a faulty battery and charging system, as per the repair center.  What do I get from Samsung to make this right?  So far it's  nothing but repairs.  Samsung please make this right, send me a 360 camera or another 128 gigabyte simcard to keep me as a fan;  something!  Is this forum the right place to ask?  If not, what is?

Samsung Moderator

I hate to hear about that, we do work to find the best solution for all of our customers. Have you attempted to reach out to our phone or video support? You can reach our phone support at 1-800-726-7864, or you can use our video chat service located in our Samsung+ app.

They should be able to help you with all of your repair needs, if you'd like to send me a Private Message, I'll be happy to look into this case but those other departments will be able to do something for you immediately.

Constellation

Mine just did that yesterday. Won't charge with a cable. Even tried a wireless charger.

The blue light turns illuinates on the charger. But Phone won't turn on.

Was talking on the phone when the battery discharged to zero.