Original topic:

one ui 2.5

(Topic created: 11-10-2020 06:32 AM)
CC1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
is there any idea of when the note 9 will get the 2.5 update on verizon?
6 Replies
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@CC1 wrote:
is there any idea of when the note 9 will get the 2.5 update on verizon?

I got another forum that is reporting that T-mobile has started rolling out FTJ3 in the US for the N960U as of last night.  

0 Likes
SamsungxThompson
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
ok,I need that update ASAP!!😔
0 Likes
CC1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
just got it today..... good deal!!
0 Likes
userZIrDZciqLr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I didn't know Samsung would give Note 9 owners UI 2.5, but since I hear people are getting it, I look forward to getting it on my phone!
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update and you should reach out to your Carrier. We appreciate your loyalty.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@SamsungZell wrote:

Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update and you should reach out to your Carrier. We appreciate your loyalty.

True, and I've been one of the ones passing this information on to others.  How ever, that doesn't fix it for everyone.  I totally understand that the OTA updates are issued through the Carriers and not from Samsung.  

However

• In February, 2020 I got my OTA update on my Note 9 to 2.1
  • There was another update sometime in March that didn't come through.  
  • I had a cracked screen and took my phone to a UBREAKIFIX and had them replace the screen.  I asked them about the update and they said that they could flash if If I wanted.  I told them that I would see if it would ever come through.  Never did.
  • Took it back to UBREAKIFIX and had them flash it.  Yes, I did all the standard trouble shooting steps before hand.  Plenty of memory, plenty of RAM, Optimized my phone before attempting, cleared Cache.  Even used Samsung Smart Switch which insisted that I had the latest version.
  • After the flash, it missed another security update.  Finally gave up and downloaded ODIN and flashed it myself.  
  • I've flashed it for the past 4 updates via Odin and I still can't get an OTA update.  

There is a bug out there someplace that kills the OTA updates on the Note 9.  I am not the only one out there having problem.  I've asked this before, could a faulty SIM card be creating my problem?  I'm with AT&T and have been monitoring the groups to see when/If AT&T releases their update and give it some time and see if mine finally gets it.  But I've not had an OTA update since February of 2020. 

0 Likes