cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SchaOn
Constellation

"Unknown Sources" keeps turning on with Samsung App updates

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Every time that a new Samsung App update comes out (most recently Samsung Pay), it selects to allow app installs from "Unknown Sources" (and doesn't change it back after the updates are installed). With the latest Samsung Pay update, every time the "Accept new TOS" thing pops up, it enables again things to be installed from "Unknown Sources". 😠

Also, there is no way of turning off, disabling or uninstalling Samsung Pay. 😠 I haven't had time to read the new TOS, and there is no way to NOT accept it.

This is amazingly irritating, and seems like a huge security issue that Samsung Apps are just enabling this without your knowledge or consent. 😞

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SchaOn
Constellation

Re: "Unknown Sources" keeps turning on with Samsung App updates

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. I did go into Google Play and Uninstalled the update, and also went into Settings>Apps>Reset app preferences>Reset that seemed to do the trick for fixing it Smiley Happy

3 REPLIES 3
user6e46Y5EjWO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same exact problem.  Avast notifies me every time it happens, but it is still very annoying that Samsung is allowing this to happen.

SchaOn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. I did go into Google Play and Uninstalled the update, and also went into Settings>Apps>Reset app preferences>Reset that seemed to do the trick for fixing it Smiley Happy

user6e46Y5EjWO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That solution worked for me as well.  Going forward, I guess I need to avoid Samsung updates.