Original topic:

screen auto change bluelight filter after update to one ui 2.0

(Topic created: 04-05-2020 08:59 AM)
userX23s2XsHde
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

I encountered the problem of screen blur and has the color like bluelight filter turning on after updating to android 10 and one ui 2.0. If I stop using for a while and turn on the phone ahain the problem disappeared but after a couple minutes the pproblem happened againB2CA87EC-6E3D-466E-8607-802353DCBD05.jpeg

432 Replies
DG1790
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

So In this case your best option would be to contact samsung directly as their are no service center that will physically service the devices onsite these items are usually shipped out with proof purchase or further inspection down below i have attached a link

For shipping repair, you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

0 Likes
userPnmw0eANVA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@DG1790  are you serious?!?!? 

0 Likes
userX23s2XsHde
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi, I got the same issue. Tried everything as you mentioned also but still not work. Even reset my phone

0 Likes
userPnmw0eANVA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Welcome to the group of no resolutions

0 Likes
Srikrishnan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am on Latest build of Samsung Note 9 - India, with March security update on board. 

I noticed that my screen shows grain whenever the brightness auto adapts to lower levels, it doesn't get normal until I keep it locked for some time and then unlock. 

My phone is 1year and 3 months old however it has no issues in maintenance - no cracks, no falls, no display injuries. 

I tried to keep the auto brighntess (adaptive) to off and yet this is happening occassionally when watching videos or pictures or simply pulling down the notification bar. 

I also Factory reset it today and I found it is happening right from start - during the setup screens. 

I am pretty disappointed something like an update is pushed and that breaks the quality of a device! 

It's livable but very annoying when you are showing a picture to someone and suddenly you see the screen becomes discolored and there are grainy black lines all over the display. 

I have only one hope if there is a way to go back to Feb or January build of android 10. Anyone else facing this? Please help me. 

MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey there! Thank you for reaching out for assistance.

What troubleshooting steps have you already completed so we don't repeat them?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Srikrishnan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Troubleshooting steps undergone:

1. Switch off Adaptive display - Issue persists

2. Boot to Safe Mode - Issue persists

3. Did a Factory Reset - Issue persists

4. Turned off Dark mode - Issue persists

5. Connected phone to PC with USB debugging ON - Issue persists

6. USB debugging turned off - Issue persists

7. Developer Options disabled - Issue persists

8. Wipe cache partition - Issue persists

I have all applications up to date, firmware up to date. 

Let me know if I missed any troubleshooting steps.

MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for that information. I'd like to look into this symptom further for you.

Can you please provide me with the below information:

Model code, Baseband number, Software version that is running on the device?

One step would be to do a cache partition wipe of your device eliminating temporarily stored files. Have you tried that? Would you like for me the include the how-to wipe cache partition steps?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Srikrishnan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Model code:  N960F (INS)

Baseband number: N960FXXS5DTB6

Software version: One UI 2.0

Build Number: QP1A.190711.020.N960FXXS5DTB6

Android Version: 10

Srikrishnan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have already tried the Cache partition wipe from the boot mode. It still doesn't help the situation. 

The colors only seem to deteriorate based on the brightness slider. I think some thing has changed in the adaptive lighting or brightness that is causing this. 

I dragged the slider from 0 - 100 I notice the grain when it hits 20% to 70% after that the colors are slightly better  though but as soon as I reduce I see the grains and dark lines back. 

Hope this helps.

Off Topic: Why is samsung having no recovery to roll back to previous build, probably a good solution than completely restricting the users sit and cry esepecially in these situations, Windows is a good example - you can roll back to previous build. The only software that is endorsed for users is Smart Switch which also has no emergency recovery initialization anymore - To atleast reset the Original stock firmware automatically. 

I am familiar with odin however considering the amount of restrictions I do not want to risk it and ofcourse there are no trusted firmware providers. 

But this issue is not just for me I can see more users facing this in our community.