Original topic:

screen auto change bluelight filter after update to one ui 2.0

(Topic created: 04-07-2020 11:36 AM)
userX23s2XsHde
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

I encountered the problem of screen blur and has the color like bluelight filter turning on after updating to android 10 and one ui 2.0. If I stop using for a while and turn on the phone ahain the problem disappeared but after a couple minutes the pproblem happened againB2CA87EC-6E3D-466E-8607-802353DCBD05.jpeg

432 Replies
userlraNngZ0c0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@ANUVNY,

Believe me samsung helpcentre team wont listen to you or anybody.

Even my phone is experiencing same thing as yours. Atleast by looking at lines across, they should think this is not blue light setting issue.

I have temporary fix: Do as below ..

1. Turnoff Adaptive Brightness.

2.  Either set brightness to low or High. Dont keep medium.

When you keep brightness to low or high, while keeping Adaptive Brightness off., then your device behave normally.

ANUVNY
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for the tip. That process did not fix the problem.

0 Likes
userX23s2XsHde
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I got the same issue for my note 9

@ANUVNY wrote:

I have been seeing the screen getting discolored  very frequently with a  Greenish/yellow unpleasant color layer on phone since the recent Software upgrade has happened in the month of March 2020.

So far I have spent around 20hrs in troubleshooting the issue. No luck with the fix.

Trouble shooting steps below

1. Restarted the phone in Safe mode. Did not resolve the issue
  2. Cleaned up the Cache partition. Did not resolve the issue
  3.   Phone does not get hot
  4. The discoloration happens most of the times when I unlock the phone and it remains like that until I lock the phone and wait for about 15 seconds and the try unlocking it. Some times it hit and miss.
  5. I did a factory reset today. After the reset was complete, in the initial screen where the phone asks to select the language the same discoloring of screen happened again. So this proves that there is an issue in the underlying software that was modified with the recent upgrade that was pushed by Samsung.  

It is really frustrating to use the phone with this issue . The phone just looks awful with this issue and it is not at all a pleasant user experience. 

I have seen many other people

If any Samsung technical support team members or Moderators are reading this, Please let us know if you are able to provide a solution for this issue. If you are not able to help here, please let us know which team from Samsung can take the ownership of getting this issue fixed. Thanks for your help in advance.

userpQ1quAkalv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same Issue Here. Is there any solution yet?

@userX23s2XsHde wrote:

I got the same issue for my note 9

@ANUVNY wrote:

I have been seeing the screen getting discolored  very frequently with a  Greenish/yellow unpleasant color layer on phone since the recent Software upgrade has happened in the month of March 2020.

So far I have spent around 20hrs in troubleshooting the issue. No luck with the fix.

Trouble shooting steps below

1. Restarted the phone in Safe mode. Did not resolve the issue
  2. Cleaned up the Cache partition. Did not resolve the issue
  3.   Phone does not get hot
  4. The discoloration happens most of the times when I unlock the phone and it remains like that until I lock the phone and wait for about 15 seconds and the try unlocking it. Some times it hit and miss.
  5. I did a factory reset today. After the reset was complete, in the initial screen where the phone asks to select the language the same discoloring of screen happened again. So this proves that there is an issue in the underlying software that was modified with the recent upgrade that was pushed by Samsung.  

It is really frustrating to use the phone with this issue . The phone just looks awful with this issue and it is not at all a pleasant user experience. 

I have seen many other people

If any Samsung technical support team members or Moderators are reading this, Please let us know if you are able to provide a solution for this issue. If you are not able to help here, please let us know which team from Samsung can take the ownership of getting this issue fixed. Thanks for your help in advance.

useriIiPveCWZv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This is a software issue !! It started for me around 10 days ago when I updated to UI 2.1 . I called the service center and they couldn't do much and all their resets and safemode and clearing cache solutions failed !!! If this wasn't a software issue how come I am able to get the colours back by using the app amoled saver !!! I'm regretting buying this note 9 . For sure my next buy is not going to be Samsung !!!

0 Likes
BlackOnyx6
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello everyone thank you for reaching out to us about the issue you guys are experiencing.   @SamsungAl  will you please assist me in resolving this issue for our consumers. Thank you. 

0 Likes
ANUVNY
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello product expert ,

Looks like you referred the Note 9 customers issue to  @SamsungAl . But so far no one from that team has acknowledged . Could you kindly check with that team again .

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If you have tried all of the troubleshooting steps provided and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend a software reflash on your device. You can take your device to your local UbreakIfix or ship your device in for service.

If you wish to ship your device in for service, can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2
Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
jdrch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Not seeing this on my Verizon Note9.

0 Likes
Jocasti
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Having the same issues here.  Please fix your software samsung.