Original topic:

screen auto change bluelight filter after update to one ui 2.0

(Topic created: 04-08-2020 11:33 AM)
userX23s2XsHde
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

I encountered the problem of screen blur and has the color like bluelight filter turning on after updating to android 10 and one ui 2.0. If I stop using for a while and turn on the phone ahain the problem disappeared but after a couple minutes the pproblem happened againB2CA87EC-6E3D-466E-8607-802353DCBD05.jpeg

432 Replies
userfU1CnNyGJX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Having the issue too. I visited Service Center, but useless.

0 Likes
Jocasti
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've found that I can replicate this problem by changing the screen resolution,  hitting the power button to turn off the screen, then turning the screen back on.  It goes away after power cycling the phone. 

userzAoGWEl8Ti
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I just started having the same problem with my note 9, but it went away in 5 mins...please help Samsung

Jack2u
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same occurance happened to my Note9 that happened in 20th March. I have been using Samsung Note series for the for the past 7 years. This is the first time facing this screen defect issue and this making me loss confident to Samsung.

From the comments, it make me think the software update causing the screen fail and maybe permanent damage to the AMOLED screen.

Samsung, please fix this issue and provide free repair to us.

usershVGGZPhun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

How about screen capture?  Screen capture image is fine?
If the same problem is reproduced on the screen capture image, this is likely to be a  S/W problem.
If possible upload screen capture when you have problem.

0 Likes
usershVGGZPhun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Why don'y you check color lens function?
You can be check in the below sequence
Setting - Accessibility -> Visibility enhancements -> Color lens
 If it is enabled, you can experience the same problem.

0 Likes
userubIFMOV9ka
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Mine was turned off, but I still have the same issue. Almost looks like a ladder in the middle of my phone!

0 Likes
ANUVNY
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The color lens function is disabled on my phone. Still I see the discoloring issue.

0 Likes
DG1790
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm sorry your dealing with such issues and id be glad to assist you in this matter. Fromthesoundsofit your front LCD display is damaged on internal level so In this case your best option would be to contact samsung directly as their are no service center that will physically service the washer onsite a service tech is sent out for further inspection down below i have attached a link

For shipping repair, you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

0 Likes
ANUVNY
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello ,

Thank you for your reply . If this is a internal  hardware damage issue then I would want to understand why the issue surfaced only after the March 2020 update was installed . If it was an issue with hardware , then it should have shown signs of discoloring before the March 2020 update too .

There are many other customers reporting this issue after they upgraded to latest patch that Samsung released . 

Not sure how a software update from samsung can damage the internal component of so many customers at one go.

Could you let me know , are you are a Samsung product expert working for samsung ?