Original topic:

screen auto change bluelight filter after update to one ui 2.0

(Topic created: 04-13-2020 05:40 AM)
userX23s2XsHde
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

I encountered the problem of screen blur and has the color like bluelight filter turning on after updating to android 10 and one ui 2.0. If I stop using for a while and turn on the phone ahain the problem disappeared but after a couple minutes the pproblem happened againB2CA87EC-6E3D-466E-8607-802353DCBD05.jpeg

432 Replies
DG1790
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm sorry your dealing with such issues and id be glad to assist you in this matter.
In this case your best option would be to contact samsung directly as their are no service center that will physically service thed evices onsite these items are usually shipped out with proof purchase or further inspection down below i have attached a link

For shipping repair, you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

0 Likes
userqD9ZXGyFSL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userRkkL4jm0dn  @DG1790  @Xavier_ EXACTLY what happened to me!!! Started off with green horizontal lines. Then when I put it in the charger the other morning, it started alarming really loud to remove the power cord and it detected moisture in the charging port!!! There's literally no chance on earth that there was moisture! My phone is in pristine condition. Not a scratch or scuff, never had a drop of water touch it! My phone looks brand new! It's been in a full body case since the day I purchased it

After the charging port alarm, I powered it on and off. Then it was fine. The next day, green and black streaks started to randomly appear.was still dealing it okay. Slightly annoying, but it was manageable. 2 days later, my phone heats up after about 5 - 10 mins of use. It gets so hot, I can't even touch the sides where the metal it. It's burns! Then the a green grid on the screen forms, then it eventually all becomes green and the phone is useless for the rest of the day. It's infuriating. I've read forum after forum trying to figure it out. It happened after I installed the last system update. Not only does the phone not work for 18 hrs after the green screen thing happens, it gets so hot that it literally burns my hand! I'm attaching pics to show the phases it goes thru. I have a note 10+ ordered right now. Waiting for Verizon 2 restock. As soon as I post this, I'm canceling the order. I've have Samsung for over 7 years. But this is by far the worst experience I've ever had with a phone. Dangerous and unacceptable. Getting unbelievably hot and unsafe!Getting unbelievably hot and unsafe!IMG_20200520_014938_01.jpgThis is the beginning of the green. 5 mins  after getting it to work.This is the beginning of the green. 5 mins after getting it to work.There's no way to unlock it. I've tried every trick that I could find online.There's no way to unlock it. I've tried every trick that I could find online.After the green grid takes over the phone, it is not usable.After the green grid takes over the phone, it is not usable.Cannot bypass this screen.Cannot bypass this screen.Now it's 100% useless for at least 6 hrs.Now it's 100% useless for at least 6 hrs.

0 Likes
HasithaWaruna
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi All,

I brought my Note 9 on 2019 Feb and It's more than 1 year for now and I'm facing this display issue from the last 2-3 months. I carefully used this device with a protective case. Not even removed the laminated stickers. I can't figure out the reason behind this display issue. Seems like there are lots of people face this issue on galaxy note 9 and this can be a factory defect. Or if this is a software glitch, @samsung978531 Please provide a fix to this issue as soon as possible. Does anyone have a clue about this issue please comment below. 

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Place the phone in Safe Mode to see if there are any display issues.

• Press and hold the Power button (right edge of the phone) until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release.
  • Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release.
  • To confirm, tap Safe mode.

If the issue persists, please send a private message with the model code and IMEI number so I may see what options are available. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userqD9ZXGyFSL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@HasithaWaruna  mine phone is the same way since update. It's terrible. Even worse it's heating up so much so fast that it literally burned my hand. Dangerous and the phone is useless. Not scratch or sent anywhere on my phone. I take really good care of my things. Still has the original sticker on it. It's been in a full-body protective case since the day I purchased it.

The last update fried my phone. I ordered a new Note 10+ the day my phone started acting up. Now that I see Samsung update caused the issue and is acting like they don't know anything about it, I am canceling note 10+ order. Looking at a new brand now. Good luck with your phone fix IMG_20200520_014940_01.jpgIMG_20200520_014938_01.jpgIMG_20200520_014835.jpgIMG_20200520_035444.jpgl

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userqD9ZXGyFSL Oh no! Please send a private message with the model code and the IMEI number so we can look into this further for you! http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Neil_7281
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello!

It is an amoled burn, a fatory defct or a hardware issue. The only way to get it back to nomal is to repalced the LCD. You cad go to nearest Samsung service center or you can buy it online (amazon, ebay etc.) and replaced by your own but I recommend it to contact Samsung service center.

0 Likes
userKWeYYJUs6m
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Its being 2 days my phone getting yellow or green color in the display with a flickering issue, it happen twice inbetween after the last software update , at that time that issue last only for 2-3mins and back to normal screen but now for the last 2 days my phone having the same issue with no change.

Do anyone having the same problem?

VitorNavarro
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Mine just got yellow after i blocked the screen.
Many persons are getting this after the march update, and samsung is doing nothing to fix it.

userAtPVgJ7twV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yep, recent upgrade has ruined my display.  Now need to operate at max brightness to view anything.

I am a low usage user with a 14 month old Note 9.

Samsung - please send out an update that negates the recent upgrades.  This is clearly a result of poor testing.

Now looking at alternative brands as this is absolute rubbish from a once reputable brand.

Disgusted user