Original topic:

screen auto change bluelight filter after update to one ui 2.0

(Topic created: 04-20-2020 08:32 AM)
userX23s2XsHde
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

I encountered the problem of screen blur and has the color like bluelight filter turning on after updating to android 10 and one ui 2.0. If I stop using for a while and turn on the phone ahain the problem disappeared but after a couple minutes the pproblem happened againB2CA87EC-6E3D-466E-8607-802353DCBD05.jpeg

432 Replies
userwTEKIVr9iW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same problem. Update was installed on May 4th. Yesterday, screen started looking Yellow when used with lights shut, had adaptive display on. Today, it had weird fading. Now, only works fine with lowest brightness and adaptive display turned off.

0 Likes
Kyuukai
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userwTEKIVr9iW Welcome to the club.. The only (partial) fix people have found is to use an app which helps to reduce the problem, but not to fix it.

OLED Saver app on the Android store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.js.oledsaver&hl=en_US

Good luck!

SamsungStep
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Can you try clicking on Settings, Display and then turning off the Blue Light if you haven't already tried that?

0 Likes
Zephroth
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

its not the blue light filter setting. it goes away when you enable always on display.

0 Likes
Zephroth
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

so new thing.  Always on display shows perfectly fine.  Some time after I enabled it, almost a day? the issue resolved itself.  At least 15+ hours since last reset.

the display is not damaged 100%.  Samsung realy needs to acknowledge this issue and take care of their customers instead of trying ot send them off to a repair facility for a screen replacement.

Edit: also people be carefull upping your brightness on your display to get rid of the issue.  lower it instead. i believe it damaged my display in the end...

0 Likes
RickyDamasceno
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi y'all. I am currently in Brazil but I own a UK device (Exynos). This issue has popped up on my Note 9 a few days ago. A bit after I installed the April sec patch. 

I was scrolling through my FB feed when my screen got completely fuzzy and green-yellowish, while displaying flickering and horizontal lines. Luckily I came across folks like you that helped with tips like lowering brightness to make the phone a bit usable.

I can't express how angry I am at Samsung when I found out that this very same issue is happening worldwide on S8, S9, S10 and Notes 8, 9 and 10; and Samsung hasn't acknowledged it as a software issue from their part. This is just outrageous. 

S20 series was having a similar problem and Sammy was prompt on releasing a patch to fix that. <edit> This is a new level of disrespectful. That's the only time I miss Apple.

I want to thank the folks thay mentioned Oled Saver. That is helping me use my phone on bright environments again (though it's far from solving the problem).

Just so you know: I have just installed May sec patch and the issue is still here. '_'

0 Likes
userZXA9Qov6kN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Doesn't seem to be exynos issue, mine is US unlocked snapdragon version. Feels frustrating that you spend around 1100 USD for a product that mere last just months after warranty expiry. Samsung is tight lipped on accepting the issue. There are unanimous complaints across many forums, similar issues with same timeline. Mine started with Mar update, at the beginning it was just flickering like there was change in ambient lighting and change in blue light filter setting. I never cared about it and thought will be rectified in next update. But there is no update from long time after Mar update, but before any update on the issue my screen freezes if set on brightness more than 15 % with auto brightness on. you cannot recover if you miss the steps in blind, thank OLED saver for working with this broken phone. 

I saw in some posts people say Samsung asked to replace screen, that's 400AUD for me. that's equivalent of new phone with higher specs from Chinese phone companies. They are in fact more reliable than these, and more importantly 2 years warranty! 

The more interesting thing about the whole story is playing some HDR videos on YouTube with video enhancer ON works flawlessly. Hard to believe it is hardware issue. 

uservtMGzRmRtq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'am also having this kind of issue. It suddenly appears when I unlocked my phone.. this thing happened last month but it just goes away, then, now it appears again but today it doesn't go off. I searched this kind of issue and I'm not the only one having this. When you set your brightness to 30-50% the screen discoloration appears and also it has vertical lines on it. I really hope samsung fix this not the way sending us to service center and paying the price for what we not did... Also my note 9 did not fall  or have no any physical damage that trigger this issue. Thanks, I hope samsung fix this. 

0 Likes
userRkkL4jm0dn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

After the new software patch update, my note 9 started off with screen discoloration with yellowish and green! Later right half screen had finger touch  sense but the right half screen had to use with s-pen and then notification started popping up automatically just started going crazy and then when I rebooted my phone it started saying please remove moisture from your charging spot. Then after few days the screen just fades black in about a sec. Whenever I press power button it blinks half the screen and then it turns black! Now I have no idea what to do! I'm stuck with pandemic and I don't know how much it's gonna cost. I should have preferred iPhone x😒

0 Likes
Xavier_A
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Okay sounds like you need to get device inspected and repaired . For repair, here is the link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/. You can get info on where to go to service or contact to ship out the device for service 

0 Likes