Original topic:

screen auto change bluelight filter after update to one ui 2.0

(Topic created: 06-23-2020 03:13 AM)
userX23s2XsHde
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

I encountered the problem of screen blur and has the color like bluelight filter turning on after updating to android 10 and one ui 2.0. If I stop using for a while and turn on the phone ahain the problem disappeared but after a couple minutes the pproblem happened againB2CA87EC-6E3D-466E-8607-802353DCBD05.jpeg

432 Replies
userLHKz23Bchz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi, i have same issue, 

it a display issue, my phone is out of warranty, and display is very expansive.almost half price of phone.

only thing u can do is download PWMfree or oled saver app, the will help... but not 100%

i wish Samsung , should recall all the defective phone abd replace the display for free, because this issue was after update android 10 @

0 Likes
VISHY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have already posted an issue with the Note 9 Screen discoloration. But there was no proper resolution.

Is Samsung aware of this issue or they going to provide any update for fixing the issue?

0 Likes
userM6JrToIz3F
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the same issue. Does anyone at Samsung even  care?

0 Likes
axethatfox
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi there @VISHY @userM6JrToIz3F! If you meant a green tint at the middle of the screen, then you both are not alone. I think the error is on Samsung's end.

Anyhow, it wouldn't hurt to try these things I did yesterday: run the phone on Safe Mode, download the app called OLED Tools and click on the tests (depends on which you wanna do to be honest). Also watch that 8 minute YT video on fixing AMOLED screen. It's just a bunch of flashing colors assumed to help restore the phone's dead pixels. Lastly, have your phone running on Dark Mode for the rest of the day.

It really did help a lot to help fade the green tint on my screen.

Would you both mind sharing a picture of your screen with the discoloration? I just wanna compare if we all have the same issue. Thank you. 

0 Likes
userLHKz23Bchz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi, i have same issue, 

it a display issue, my phone is out of warranty, and display is very expansive.almost half price of phone.

only thing u can do is download PWMfree or oled saver app, the will help... but not 100%

i wish Samsung , should recall all the defective phone abd replace the display for free, because this issue was after update android 10 @

0 Likes
Erinias
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the same issue but a discoloration in all the screen, just happen when I've updated my phone. I'm waiting por Samsung to respond.

0 Likes
axethatfox
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Samsung's costumer service is if nonexistent. All they do is tell you to run your phone on Safe Mode and wipe the cache. Once they find out your phone is from a different region, they'll send you a link to that region and then leave you be. Reading some users resorting to using OLED Saver app from the Play Store. The best solution would be to send it to a Service Center. I'm heading to mine by the end of this month.

0 Likes
user7yWpVljQnJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My note 9 display got discoloration after April update.... initially it was little but after may update its horrible.. I got to know that many of note 9 user have same problem after April update.

0 Likes
DougLima
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

After my Galaxy Note 9 was updated with the build N9600ZHS4DTB1, which is the first update after the big update to Android 10, it completely changed the screen colors. Black is no longer black, and white is no longer white. There's a shade of green/orange. Colors are not vivid.

I checked the dark mode, deactivated the 'apply to wallpaper', also changed all of the display settings and the problem persists. Finally, I aligned all the screen settings with Galaxy A50 which is still running Android 9. See the picture the difference between them. My Galaxy Note 9 screen doesn't look like an AMOLED. Pixels that were supposed to be black are 'turned on'. I'm sure this is not a hardware issue, because when I restart the phone, the Samsung loading screen is black like it should be. When the system loads, the display is a mess. Note: Blue screen filter is disabled! Anyone having the same issue?? I really hope Samsung releases a quick update to fix this annoying problem. My Note 9 is worthless now, having an IPS-like screen.

IMG-20200224-WA0003.jpg

user79YTrwg4MN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Did you check your screen mode?

0 Likes