Original topic:

screen auto change bluelight filter after update to one ui 2.0

(Topic created: 06-26-2020 08:54 PM)
userX23s2XsHde
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

I encountered the problem of screen blur and has the color like bluelight filter turning on after updating to android 10 and one ui 2.0. If I stop using for a while and turn on the phone ahain the problem disappeared but after a couple minutes the pproblem happened againB2CA87EC-6E3D-466E-8607-802353DCBD05.jpeg

432 Replies
userBdUWVH2M2r
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the same problem and it WAS able to be solved by triggering the AOD but it suddenly doesn't even work anymore.

The AOD method only got the screen back to norm for a split second before going green again once past the lock screen wallpaper. 

I went to Samsung care centre and they tried to tell me it is a hardware issue. How cannit be a hardware issue if so many users suddenly got affected around the same time?!

If it truly is a hardware issue, clearlybSamsung sold all of us defective products to all have the same problem about the same time!

0 Likes
user8HpHYaXxFj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My husband and I used to have iPhone and switched to samsung because i thought service would be better. But after the last update, I had screen discoloration and have seen people with same query as mine which happened all at the same time. My husband did not update his phone and so his phone works just fine. But mine is rubbish, and no one from samsung seems to care about all our queries regarding this issue. They do not even give resolution nor give us new update to fix it. I hate to say this but I am very disappointed, I wish we did not change our phones and swear that I would never patronize a samsung product ever again. T.T

0 Likes
Samsung_lTRT13L
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same issue!!!

0 Likes
Samsung_34GVncK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

After recent update note 9 display issue is having a problem

userDDxpHsUzrr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

same

0 Likes
Samsung_34GVncK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Do we have any permanent solution

0 Likes
axethatfox
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This issue is present on most Note 9 users I believe. I have the same issue as well. Thing is, Samsung still refused to acknowledge the problem and the best thing they can do is tell you to start your phone on safe mode. If that doesn't work, they'll tell you to send it to a service center.

Samsung_34GVncK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Will they fix for free of cost for our of warranty

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I was looking at cpo (certified pre-owned) note 9s on samsung's website and found proof that they are aware that the latest note 9 update is the reason why the phone's screen is messed up. The cpo note 9s Samsung is selling at a profit are more than likely the same ones that people traded in because Samsung is providing no solution to the "green screen" issue after the latest update. Despite all the moderator comments that the problem is likely a hardware issue, samsung is reselling these note 9s with oreo installed instead of the most recent update. It seems to me that Samsung is trying to resell these phones in working condition with Oreo and when people get the Android 10 update, or whichever caused the problem, Samsung will claim its a hardware issue and tell the distraught buyer (after a seemingly infinite time on the phone being transfered repeatedly as I was) to take it to a service center. I truly wanted to believe that Samsung is a reputable company that cares about providing quality products and is not just out to make a buck but I've given up. I've wasted too much time being jerked around on the phone and seething in frustration at the lack of effective "customer service" after spending a significant amount of money. Adios Samsung

ANUVNY
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This situation may have a strong case if people SUE the company . 

I understand that many of the note 9 users would be out of warranty , but that does not give samsung the authority to screw up our phones. 

Now my phone screen permanently shows the discoloration after installing may 2020 month update. 

Apple iphone users won a case against the company for an unethical thing that they have done. Hope we find a good attorney who can help taking  this case forward and help us win this fight against Samsung .