Original topic:

screen auto change bluelight filter after update to one ui 2.0

(Topic created: 08-11-2020 03:49 PM)
userX23s2XsHde
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

I encountered the problem of screen blur and has the color like bluelight filter turning on after updating to android 10 and one ui 2.0. If I stop using for a while and turn on the phone ahain the problem disappeared but after a couple minutes the pproblem happened againB2CA87EC-6E3D-466E-8607-802353DCBD05.jpeg

432 Replies
felisrf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

hi I have s9 and I am facing the same issue. i installed an application callled pwmfree at and it helped me a little bit. this app take over the device brightness and you can control it via this app. I was not able to use my mobile due to this issue before installing this software. it is just a workaround and not the final solution for sure but it can help us until Samsung sends us the final SOFTWARE solution for this issue. it proves that the issue is not with the hardware device but caused after last software update. I bought my s9 in US but I live in Brazil and Samsung asked me to check this issue with my local support here and the local support says that the warranty is not available because I bought it outside Brazil. I am very disappointed with Samsung
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello, Everyone

I'm seeing a lot of mixture of devices and different models and some photos provided look a bit different from others, and everyones having similar symptoms but not necessarily the same thing is happening with each device. I would like to remind everyone that this is a US based Community. Therefore, we cannot speak on international devices, only US ones. I would recommend the following for any issues related to your display: 

General: 

- Make sure you have the latest Software version on your device. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077582/ 

Screen not Very Clear: 

-If your screen is not very clear, please try checking your screen Resolution Settings by going to Settings>Screen Resolution>Choose Desired Resolution and tap apply.

Screen is Dim:

• If your screen is very dim, please check your battery percentage. Your device screen may look dim if the battery is draining, make sure your device is properly charged.
  • Check your Power saving settings by navigating to Settings >Device Care>Battery tap Power mode to adjust your preferred setting. 
  • Some phones or tablets support adaptive brightness and can learn your brightness preferences in different lighting environments. Your device's display will automatically adjust itself based on the lighting.Navigate to Settings, tap Display, and then tap Adaptive brightness. Tap the switch to turn it on.
  • Lastly, check your app settings if you only notice this within an application. 

Colors are off or lines appearing on screen: 

Please make sure if you've tried all the steps above, that you have put your phone into Safe mode and have tried a Factory data reset.(Settings>Search Factory Data Reset> Tap factory data reset again, and tap reset

Please Note: Make sure you complete all back ups prior to performing this step to insure there’s no lost data.

If none of the steps above helped, your unit will require service.

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair:  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

felisrf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
does Samsung have any estimation to provide the software fix for S9 and all the other devices that are facing this issue, like provided for S20, firmware update G98xBXXU1ATD3 ?
0 Likes
felisrf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
no answers from Samsung...really disappointed
0 Likes
useryGoFhhjH1C
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Today, I took my Note 9 to Samsung Service center, they literally acted as if they are looking at this problem for the first time in their life and asked me to change the display worth $250, Is it the new way of making revenue where you release an update, break something and ask their loyal Note customers to either put money to change the display or else move to a new phone, I am not thinking of going to Note20 unless Samsung gains customer confidence back by replacing all these displays free of cost. 

I tried factory reset and all other safe mode tricks without any luck. 

Samsung - Respond to the complaints and accept the issue.

Dav82
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

UPDATE:

I just now got off the chat with Mike at Samsung,

He stated that I would need to send in my phone for a possible repair and the technicial would determine the cost of my phone repair.  It is safe to say that Samsung is not taking any responsibility to their issue! Us the customers have to pay to get it resolved? 

Well I rather give my money to Apple, Google Pixle or even One Plus. Never again Samsung

Extremely disappointed how crappy Samsung is!!!

Since the last 2 updates my phone has had multiple issues, Overheating and now my screen turning a yellowish color out of the nowhere.  My phone is always hot.  Has anyone had any luck fixing it without having to pay an arm and a leg?

userf7UQ23UrHe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm having the same issue after the recent update. I had to take my phone to service center and recomended a screen replacement. Pathatic, their own update ruined their device. This is been experienced by many other Note 9 users as well. Unfortunately it seems everyone's only hope is an screen replacement. No other workarounds has worked so far for anyone

Dav82
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for your reply  I really appreciate it.  This is horrible.  My phone will not even hold it battery charge for more than 30 mins. It is hooked an battery pack all the time since this happen.  Samsung really needs to step up and get this resolved / fix ASAP.  They are pulling an Apple bs, where they would intentionally slow down the older phones to force people to but the newest versions. 

I will most definately try your recommendations.  If I t doesn't help I will just have to become an Iphone or One Plus user 😞

0 Likes
userGXBsQYCDvI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Danyboy007 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that. The only current work-arounds are flashing your firmware back to android 9 or using apps like oled saver or pwmfree so that these apps can take over the screen brightness function. Yeah yeah,  I know that the moderators will either delete this or state that 3rd party apps may cause problems on our phones. But you know what, Samsung moderators? YOU guys ruined our phones.

Thank you! Installed Oled Saver and I can read my screen again! Really ticks me off the way Samsung is (not) responding to the issue. This is obviously a software and not a hardware (screen) issue since this app fixed the issue. Do not fall for screen replacment scam. I agree with those that say its a way to try and drive customers to newest phones. I owned Galaxy 1 and have been "loyal" repeat customer since then, buying many different Galaxy and Note versions. This event and Samsung response has destroyed that loyality.

0 Likes
userErt8eidX33
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

hi! my samsung note 9 phone is currently not working. the screen is in all green and sometimes it turns to black. i already hard restart my phone but still no changes. the touch screen is also not working. how can i fix this? i cannot even connect to samsung dex. please help me fix this issue. thanks