JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

unable to reply to a comment of my own question

(Topic created: 09-10-2021 08:53 AM)
SweetTasha
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My question about how to take a screenshot has a comment that I would like to reply to but it says I haven't verified my email address or I haven't verified via the 2-step process. I've done both. so what is going on??????

0 Likes
7 Replies
SweetTasha
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

HMMM. It's strange that I am able to reply to this message but not the one about taking a screen shot.  The title of that one is "How to take a screeshot on note10+" The error message at the bottom of the page, which I did not realize was there so I did not scroll down until just now, is "Sorry, either you cannot reply to this topic or you have not verified your email address by clicking on the verification link in the email we sent you when you registered. If you did not receive an email from us, or need us to resend it, please visit your User Profile page." So the problem is you cannot reply to this topic  Well yeh, I already know that. LOL

0 Likes
Solution
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The post your talking about has a comment marked as a solution and was closed by a Samsung admin so nobody can comment on it now.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note-Phones/how-to-take-a-screenshot-on-note10/td-p/19649...
SweetTasha
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I didn't know that was the policy not to be able to post to a "solved" post. In this case, that's a short-sighted policy, because I accepted the wrong answer. That is, it didn't solve the problem and in fact there was another solution aluded to. 

Oh well, I'm making way too much out of this!

Thanks for your reply.
SweetTasha.

Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Well the admin also has to close it after they review the answer or something. But I've only seen answered questions be closed to more comments.
0 Likes
sugrgirl1028
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
That's because this issue is still open your other post was resolved so it is no longer an active post
0 Likes
SweetTasha
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

That's because this issue is still open Do you mean this issue that I'm replying in at this moment? But it isn't still open. See Je655 above. This issue in't open, yet I am replying to it.

If you understand how the policy works, then you deserve a gold star IMHO.

Anyway,  I'm not concerned about the policy any longer. I'm accepting it as unknowable by me.

Thanks for our reply.
SweetTasha.

0 Likes
sugrgirl1028
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I meant the first post that you marked as resolved. Once the issue is resolved you can't reply or comment any longer that is why you can't tell them it didn't work. You would have to make another post and ask the question again. I hope this is what you mean because I know the frustration when you explain a situation and it's not understood so I apologize if I'm adding to your problem