Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

update ss note 5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

My ss note 5 model is SM-N920T (N920TUVU2COI5).

Now it's android version is 5.1.1; and unavaiable update to higher version (when i push 'software update', it's unavaiable);

Even, since i got it, it cannot connect to my pc or my mac, even install Kies or Smartswitch on pc or mac.

Plz help my phone avaiable to update new android verson.

Thanks,

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: update ss note 5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah, it's more than likely unable to update due to the version you're currently on. At some point, if you miss updating past too many of them, it's pretty much not able to pull up the most current one since it would have required previous updates to your phone. If using Smart Switch on your PC did not help at all with this, you may want to reach out to your current carrier, or find one of our Samsung Experience locations at a nearby Best Buy. They might be able to flash your device to try and get current software updated to it, but I highly recommend you back up everything just in case.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah, it's more than likely unable to update due to the version you're currently on. At some point, if you miss updating past too many of them, it's pretty much not able to pull up the most current one since it would have required previous updates to your phone. If using Smart Switch on your PC did not help at all with this, you may want to reach out to your current carrier, or find one of our Samsung Experience locations at a nearby Best Buy. They might be able to flash your device to try and get current software updated to it, but I highly recommend you back up everything just in case.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

View solution in original post

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I  am having the same problem with my Samsung J36v.  I went to a verizon representative and I was told to go to a Best Buy Store.  There would be a samsung represenative that would be able to solve this problem.  Went to a Best Buy store, she said,"Well, I might not have time to do this, because I have a phone conference .  Well, she tried and said no it will not update the software.  So She told me to call Samsung. WHY!!!!!!!! I AM TOTALLY DISGUSTED WITH VERIZON AND SAMSUNG.  ESPECIALLY SAMSUNG.  SO NOW I AM STUCK WITH A BROKEN PHONE AND STILL PAYING FOR THE PHONE.