JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

visual voicemail app doesn't show message text

(Topic created: 04-13-2021 10:05 AM)
SweetTasha
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I recently installed an app call Visual Voicmail. I think it is supposed to show the message in readable text--in additional to hearing the message. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what the app is expected to do. Or maybe there is a "pro" version. 

I'm using a note10+ phone.

thanks. SweetTasha.

10 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@SweetTasha 

Sorry to disappoint but the Visual Voicemail from Samsung does not convert the message to text. It only provides an audio file. 

userDU1VG0z4ZZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
You must have a bug or something b/c it does provide a visual text message also,...for what it's worth...
userBqCI1Ci844
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have the same issue with my Visual Voicemail not being "visual". I have a Samsung Note 20 5G. Do you have the same type of Galaxy as me? How did YOURS to provide an actual visual text message? Very curious.
0 Likes
MamiiMartinez22
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
It did on my s9, you could play it or just read it. Very convenient but when I got this new phone it's not there. The app is but the vm converted to text are not. Same phone company same number
0 Likes
SweetTasha
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

LongHiker, thanks for the info. So much for truth in advertising LOL.

Do you know of an app that does display text?

SweetTasha.

0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

which carrier do you have?

0 Likes
SweetTasha
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

TMobile (was Sprint before merger)

Thanks. SweetTasha.

0 Likes
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
If you're on T-mobile you should have their Visual Voice-mail pre-installed. If not you can download it from the Play Store and their is an option for text messages but there is a monthly fee for this "premium" version.
0 Likes
userBqCI1Ci844
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Would you happen to know of a good from the Play Store that WOULD be a good app for Galaxy Note 20 5G that would work via AT&T that could provide a true visual voice mail instead if one that is only called "visual voicemail", but is NOT "visual" in a specific, as a message within the program, in a text, etc? It is only audio for me.
0 Likes