Original topic:

will Not Turn On

(Topic created: 06-07-2020 03:59 AM)
userUO71gFwlud
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My Samsung Galaxy Notes 9 will not turn on. Put it on charge although it still had some charge on it.  Discovered it was off when I took it out from charging.  Tried to turn it back on but it will not turn on.  Please help.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Try  a forced reboot. To do this press and hold down the Volume Down and power buttons together. You'll want to told these until your Note 9 boots into either the boot menu or boots up like normal. They key is is to press ajd hold both those buttons until your phone boots. 

If it takes you to the Boot menu, you should be able to navigate the directional arrow down to "reboot." 

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Try  a forced reboot. To do this press and hold down the Volume Down and power buttons together. You'll want to told these until your Note 9 boots into either the boot menu or boots up like normal. They key is is to press ajd hold both those buttons until your phone boots. 

If it takes you to the Boot menu, you should be able to navigate the directional arrow down to "reboot." 

0 Likes
userUO71gFwlud
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I tried holding the "Volume Down" and Power buttons simultanouesly for as long as I could.  I saw a flicker as if something was about to happen but nothing. I kept holding the two buttons but nothing happened.  So I figured the device could have completely discharged.  So I put it back on charge again. This time, it indicated it was charging.  So I left it to charge.  I want to wait until it has acquired enough charge before attempting to turn it back on.  Is that a good move\?

0 Likes
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userUO71gFwlud wrote:

I tried holding the "Volume Down" and Power buttons simultanouesly for as long as I could.  I saw a flicker as if something was about to happen but nothing. I kept holding the two buttons but nothing happened.  So I figured the device could have completely discharged.  So I put it back on charge again. This time, it indicated it was charging.  So I left it to charge.  I want to wait until it has acquired enough charge before attempting to turn it back on.  Is that a good move\?

Yes wait about 10 to 15 minutes before you try that method again. When your try to reboot your Note 9 with that method i shared with you while it's charging; that should work. 

0 Likes