cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_G4DAcP3
Astronaut

1 foot

My s10 plus is only three weeks old and my dog's tail knocked it off my little end table witch is only one foot off the ground Well it must of landed funky because it cracked the the little corner of the screen I called Samsung to see if this could be taking care of and they wanted $400 to repair it I been a Samsung fan for a long time my last phone was the S6 active which I know is a stronger phone but I've never had a phone break from a 1' drop I'm very disappointing that Samson couldn't give me a break maybe a 100 bucks to fix the screen would have been OK with me but 400 hundred dollars for such a new phone come on Samsung your better than that.

4 REPLIES 4
Owen-M
Halo

I am pretty sure it's #1 Samsung still wants to make prof...

I am pretty sure it's #1 Samsung still wants to make profit off screen repairs and #2 the ultrasonic fingerprints reader is permately in the display so they have to replace the glass, fingerprint reader, and the sAMOLED panel. Just use a case. I have the same phone and I use a Pelican Shield. It is a little bulky and hiding the design but this is an insane case for protection

Neutron Star

Re: 1 foot

@Samsung_G4DAcP3 wrote:

My s10 plus is only three weeks old and my dog's tail knocked it off my little end table witch is only one foot off the ground Well it must of landed funky because it cracked the the little corner of the screen I called Samsung to see if this could be taking care of and they wanted $400 to repair it I been a Samsung fan for a long time my last phone was the S6 active which I know is a stronger phone but I've never had a phone break from a 1' drop I'm very disappointing that Samson couldn't give me a break maybe a 100 bucks to fix the screen would have been OK with me but 400 hundred dollars for such a new phone come on Samsung your better than that.

This is very unfortunate.  For some reason the trend to make phones with no bezels for pleasing aesthetics, but in return we get devices that have negative impact on durability. As @Owen-M mentioned, the case is the answer or get skin such as dBrand if you don't like cases

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 1 foot

@Samsung_G4DAcP3, Thank you so much for reaching out. However,

Physical or liquid damages are not covered under warranty which is why there would be an out of pocket cost.

You would be responsible for the cost of repairing your damaged device caused from the incident, I would recommend checking with UBREAKIFIX for an estimate.

You can locate the nearest UBREAKIFIX by visiting this link here: https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung_G4DAcP3
Astronaut

Thank you for the advice

Thank you for the advice