JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

10 recipient text limit

(Topic created: 10-17-2020 10:45 AM)
userr0tp2BWsxp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's 2020, why can't I send messages to more than 10 recipients in a group? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungMoon
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend reaching out to your carrier to inquire what their limit is on group messages, as it does change depending on what the carrier allows.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Solution
SamsungMoon
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend reaching out to your carrier to inquire what their limit is on group messages, as it does change depending on what the carrier allows.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userr0tp2BWsxp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Google messages app allows sending to more than 10 recipients. Samsung messages doesn't. Samsung issue, not carrier
userr0tp2BWsxp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Google messages app allows sending to more than 10 recipients. Samsung messages doesn't. Samsung issue, not carrier.
userb4b162njIu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a Samsung-SM-J727A phone with AT&T service.  I went to an AT&T store, and they first blamed Samsung.  I kept pressing, and another rep finally admitted that AT&T has the 10 group text limit.  They said that "most people" use a third party for texting to groups, like Apple i-Phone i-messaging or Facebook group chats.  So, they don't want to provide the capacity through their services.  I'm going to explore Verizon and T-Mobile to see if there is a carrier without such restrictions.

userVX1EUXHGNS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi did you ever find out whether it's the same limitations for Verizon and T-Mobile? I use the later with an unlocked S9 and the limitation pun intended LIMITS my group messaging capabilities.😡
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes