Original topic:

11 ui one 3.0 and moisture detected error and battery problems solved?

(Topic created on: 2/11/21 3:37 PM)
VonVicious
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ok so I just wanted to write this to see if any one else's phone has magically corrected itself with the latest Android 11 ui one 3.0 update. With the 2.5 update my S10 suddenly started freaking out with moisture detected errors and all kinds of poor preforming charging and lack of charging to absolutely won't charge issues. No issues at all prior. There was a chance it was coincidence that it occurred right after the 2.5 update but I really didn't think so. I was just about to take my phone into my dealer and get it replaced because I was barely keeping 14% on my phone. Ridiculous. I think it goes without saying my phone had never been exposed to moisture in anyway. Especially to the point that my charging port would be wet. I kice in south eastern PA not the Amazon rain Forrest.  Not to mention eh hemm waterproof phones screaming moisture errors? Seems a bit uhh wrong. I could see if the phone had been recently submerged and stupidly tried to plug the charger in soon after but not for having it on the kitchen sink or even in the bathroom with you.
 But I digress with the newest update to Android 11 and 3.0 all of my issues have stopped. And I mean every single one of the battery issues I was having. Which was all of them. Slow charge, no charge, moisture, wireless only etc. I didnt want to jump to a positive conclusion since updating but it does seem to be all fixed now. Has anyone else experienced this? I know other were having the same battery issues as me. All also saying no moisture ever touched their phones. But for the first times since 2.5 I can plug my phone in and indicator chimes right on and fast charging enabled finally works again along with non Samsung chargers. 
0 Likes
7 Replies
sjelect1325
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Just got the update. Charging issues abound! Phone will die soon! HELP!!
0 Likes
userbkmtSTbwlF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Not for me, moisture still detected. Was interimittent before would go away in 10/15mins or I could turn off my phone and plug it in and charge. As of today the warning won't go away. Was on charge when I went to sleep and woke up to it not charging and moisture warning. Have had to go out and buy a wireless charger. Software is up to date and factory reset done. I even sent it out to my phone provider under warranty and they said nothing was wrong. Extremely frustrating and disappointing.

0 Likes
VonVicious
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I don't get the moisture detected anymore but it is still finicky with chargers. Lately things for my battery have been better than what I've described in the recent past. So far still doing well. Maybe a stupid question but are you using a legit Samsung charger? I've noticed when these phones start having charging issues the only charger that will work is a Samsung.
0 Likes
userLuQySq2HGG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Shortly after the update, my phone had a permanent issue with "moisture".  I factory reset and it was gone but as soon as I restored the phone it was a wrap.  These phones are very expensive in my country and it hurts that I gave myself this as a gift to end like this.  I am using the Note 10 plus.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
VonVicious
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
How is my model not a US model? I'm in the US and purchased it from Cricket wireless in woodlyn Pennsylvania.
0 Likes
VonVicious
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Oh nevermind I thought you were replying to me.
0 Likes