Original topic:

1UI3 + Android 11 + Samsung TalkBack = DISASTER!!!!!

(Topic created on: 2/9/21 7:10 PM)
userdVoBkA2XXH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Since I am blind, I have been using a combination of Google TalkBack and Samsung Voice Assistant until I woke up last week to Android 11. Samsung's inferior product has taken over my phone now, like the veritable "body snatcher," eliminating Google's superior product. There app features missing. It doesn't work with some apps, for example, Kindle, no more continuous reading. Screens can be sluggish, phone-dialer very sloggish and unresponsive when interacting on a call. But the thing that is so agrivating to me is that my right to choose the Google product has been taken away from me. No bueno! I have gone back to using an S7, until this current debacle is fixed, but when I'm finished paying off the S10e, if not fixed, I am ditching my 7-year-long relationship with Samsung devices. These Android 11 problems do not exist outside the Samsung devices.  I'm shelving my S10e and going back to an S7 that actually works. So, enough of my gripe. I'd rather be part of a solution than part of the problem, but Samsung needs to know of the epic fail here. 
7 Replies
OrganicTimmy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
One UI 3 uses Google Talk Back.
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Samsung ambassador please help
0 Likes
thiagopikcius
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I agree with OP. Kindle's continuous reading is not working anymore and I need it.

Samsung_fK5swDN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can not live without the Kindle app. Watch out Samsung. Your going to lose blind and visually impaired customers.

userqywM2NsNDD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I tried a workaround, removing the google update, but it only will remove all the updates and revert to factory settings, making the google assistant stop working.  As soon as I turned on google assistant, the messed up google voice typing came back.

This is so frustrating, and I cant even imagine dealing with this as a blind person. this is unacceptable.  Why would they ruin it like this, and why would "they" not provide a fix. A fix should be easy enough, just allow us to go back to the previous update.

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedbacks, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes