JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Battery drain issue after update and unknown widget/how to remove?

(Topic created: 04-21-2022 02:57 PM)
Les76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hey Samsung world!

First question: What is this widget, and how do I get it removed? I don't even know how I got it on there. It popped up a few days ago. It's annoying as heck, because it stays in every app I have, and I have to manuever it around, otherwise if I accidentally tap it thinking I've swiped, texted, commented on social media, it closes my app and takes me back to home screen instantly. I
hope my pics come thru to explain. 

Cover image

Second question: I downloaded the the update a few weeks ago, and I feel like since then, my battery is draining faster. I've deleted emails, phone calls, old txts, cached out apps, and I close apps when I'm done with them each time. I just got the new update earlier this week. I don't have wifi in my apt so I have to go to my local library to get it download it. I have a galaxy s10e. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!😊

8 Replies
Barbaravann
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
How do I get my email back?
0 Likes
Les76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hmm? I'm not sure on that. Idk what email you have, but you I go to Google play and have deleted the app and reinstalled it. All my emails sent and received were still there.
0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I see no images

0 Likes
Les76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's what I figured. Idk why it won't post them. The widget that popped up here just last week is iridescent. It has easy access to the home button, and basically, all the options that you use that are shortcuts to like Bluetooth, home screen, flashlight. You know the ones that you have selected when you pull your screen down. I'm sorry I can't think of the technical term. It's annoying because to every app I'm in. I have to move it around whatever app I'm in.

I can't figure out why my battery is running out, so quick. Usually, I can go all day and play music, get on YouTube, and Facebook and still have 25-30 % left after 12 hours. It still fast charges, but I'm charging it within 6 hours. I haven't done anything different. I still have 10 months to pay on it. I hope I don't have to have to have it worked on. I'm frustrated.
Solution
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The widget is probably an accessibility tool. Go to settings and search for assistant menu. If this is on, you can turn it off.

As for the second issue, look at device care, then tap battery and then you will see a graph of your usage. Tap that and it will take you into more detailed info on which service or app is using more battery.

Les76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you so much for your help!!!!!😊
Les76
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you so much again. The widget is gone, and I didn't realize from being sick her lately that Facebook isusing my battery at 70%. So I'm gonna back off on it. Thank you so much for your help again !😊
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Happy it worked! You can mark my previous comment as a solution. This will help others with similar issues