cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_38DSR0a
Astronaut

About the Software Updates

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge didn't get the Android 9 or Pie Updates ?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Comet

Re: About the Software Updates

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Samsung_38DSR0a 

Samsung usually only does 2 year major Software support or 2 major OS update. As S7 devices are more than 2 years old devices and have already got 2 major OS update from Marshmallow to Nougat to Oreo. Android 9 or Pie wasn't released to Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge but they do get Other regular update which means when Software update is really needed because of extreme Vulnerability been found or other reasons.

Sincerely,

NBI

If my post has been beneficial to you, please don't forget to Like my post. If my reply resolved your questions or issues✅, please Mark it as solution by pressing the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
FatherSans
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The phone cant provision the updated OS

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Samsung_38DSR0a 

Samsung usually only does 2 year major Software support or 2 major OS update. As S7 devices are more than 2 years old devices and have already got 2 major OS update from Marshmallow to Nougat to Oreo. Android 9 or Pie wasn't released to Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge but they do get Other regular update which means when Software update is really needed because of extreme Vulnerability been found or other reasons.

Sincerely,

NBI

If my post has been beneficial to you, please don't forget to Like my post. If my reply resolved your questions or issues✅, please Mark it as solution by pressing the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
userLvoqBoV9z6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For the same reason it wasnt pushed to the Nextel c90... need to upgrade your phone if you want to stuck with the latest OS

JUMP TO SOLUTION

But how does the Xcover4 get updates but not s7