JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Access Point Name settings are not available for this user.

(Topic created: 06-08-2021 05:23 PM)
Fireflynj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I bought a S10+ two years ago from Verizon and now trying to switch to a different carrier, I confirmed twice with Verizon that my phone is unlocked.

When I put new SIM card in, I get the message "Change carrier, Sorry, your device can't be activated on another carrier's network right now. For Help, contact Verizon at .....

Screenshot 2021-06-08 212452.png

Does this means my phone is still Locked?

to use the new carrier I need to add APN settings but when I go to the Connections>Mobile networks>Access Point Names.  I get:

"Access Point Name settings are not available for this user."

I searched and watch many videos, the new Carrier's tech support been trying to help too spent hours trying different things.

I tried the SIM card in another verizon S10 and it works fine, but my S10+ won't.

How do I know if my phone is really unlocked?, why is APN grayed out?

Please help...

Model SM-G975U

Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Fireflynj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

it is done! and working now. 

so what I had to do is borrow a SIM card from Verizon to put in my locked phone and call 611 to talk to Verizon to tell them phone is still locked and verified by Samsung support that it was locked.   Then they pushed a unlock to my phone.

Thank you for the info, I learned more about how this works.

This issue is closed.  

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
landonloco
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It should change firmware based on what Sim card you put in it even changes the boot up logo and everything I have heard the csc is broken with one ui 3.0 so but it's odd it isn't even connecting with the Verizon firmware have you tried to contact Samsung or rather Verizon tech support but on higher levels.
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Sounds like it's still locked. You bought it from Verizon but was Verizon the carrier as well? When I bought my Samsung I had to put the LG sim in to get Boost Mobile, my network and Sprint, my carrier. Boost Mobile locks your phone with Sprint in the same card or it wouldn't work. Even the former Boost Mobile logo came on. I had my former LG back.
0 Likes
Fireflynj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I bought it from Verizon and used it on Verizon network for 2 years. Phone is paid off for a month before I ported out.

Verizon logo still comes up.

0 Likes
Fireflynj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How do I contact Samsung?, I tried the Support chat and it's just a bot that takes me to a dead end.

0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Wow! And they are a carrier! I don't know why it worked on the old S10+ for 2 years..It should continue to work on the same S10+ yet it works on the S10 strange. Who's the carrier you are switching to? Never mind, it doesn't work if you spent hours with the new carrier. The APN is probably grayed out because it's not accepting the S10+.card The support chat is a bot. You will have to ask for a technician if you haven't already. Don't ask the secretary either because they have boilerplate solutions on a computer screen in front of them. I don't know what else to tell you.
0 Likes
Fireflynj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I just spoke with Samsung Support via phone, difficult for me because I have profound hearing loss. but did it.   Confirmed that the messages I got means it is still locked and I need to call Verizon again.

0 Likes
Fireflynj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Verizon is impossible to reach, you call the number and automated system hangs up on me because my account is closed. 

0 Likes
Solution
Fireflynj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

it is done! and working now. 

so what I had to do is borrow a SIM card from Verizon to put in my locked phone and call 611 to talk to Verizon to tell them phone is still locked and verified by Samsung support that it was locked.   Then they pushed a unlock to my phone.

Thank you for the info, I learned more about how this works.

This issue is closed.  

View solution in context

0 Likes