JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Access Samsung Notes on PC?

(Topic created: 08-01-2020 11:03 AM)
The_Marcus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Recently got the S10e and it's my first Galaxy phone. Decided to give the stock apps a try before switching to my usual, and the Notes app isn't half bad. I wouldn't mind using it except for one huge drawback: there doesn't appear to be any way to access my notes from a PC.

There appears to be a Windows 10 app, but that shows up as incompatible with my laptop, and I wouldn't be able to use that from a work computer anyway. I couldn't find any answers doing a web search, so I'm guessing there's no web application or extension but thought I'd ask anyway.

Being unable to access my notes outside of the app really cripples its usefulness.

59 Replies
usergraTMiScUR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There is a better solution -- Go to Samsung Notes app on the Microsoft Store **in your browser**. Click on the dots next to the "Get" button and click "Add to Cart". Complete the checkout process with a $0.00 charge. Once you "buy" the app, go to the Microsoft Store app and navigate to Samsung notes. You will see a message saying you own the app, and an Install link right next to it. This allows you to bypass the "incompatible with your device" message altogether. 

userjlrM57BrA7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

none of the solutions work for me, I switched from note 4 to note 10 and still do. 4 years have gone nowhere.

on one pc I work both methods but on the other neither do I need it to work laptop and there it is not possible.

The last method is great but you can't install it, the store hangs, I click install and nothing.

sadly, you buy a note because of a pen and actually does not need it, because most write notes and texts and I have no way to get to the PC and back to the mobile. Big disappointment from samsung

0 Likes
userjA8orgUgor
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@usergraTMiScUR wrote:

There is a better solution -- Go to Samsung Notes app on the Microsoft Store **in your browser**. Click on the dots next to the "Get" button and click "Add to Cart". Complete the checkout process with a $0.00 charge. Once you "buy" the app, go to the Microsoft Store app and navigate to Samsung notes. You will see a message saying you own the app, and an Install link right next to it. This allows you to bypass the "incompatible with your device" message altogether. 

It worked for me.

Thanks

0 Likes
Zambo1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

We need a chrome extention for chromebooks other computers!!!! Be handy!! to sync notes rather than windows 10 app! 

WalkingBlackBear
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
A browser extension for this would be AWESOME!
0 Likes
userNIzvDoxJta
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Here it is in June of 2020 and I got the same error, "this app is not compatible with this device" , when trying to download the Samsung Notes app from The Microsoft store.  This solution however worked great!

Thanks for this!

user9UH6gzi56R
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

By the regular way it is impossible to install. But, I could do it by another way. 

You just need to access the Samsung Note in the Windows Store by browser and click in the "3 dots" and choose Add to my cart. So, you buy the app (for free) and install using the Windows Store app. 

For me, it worked. Let me know if it worked for you too. Bye.

userWObbINWUq9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi it worked for me but I had to go through "buying" it twice
Thank you

0 Likes
Bea0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
how do I confirm I used correct email on laptop