JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to access my call log when my S10+ is connected to my car via Bluetooth

(Topic created: 06-07-2019 07:38 AM)
userQWNpePByxG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

when my s10+ is connected to my car via bluetooth, I cant access the call log in my car dialer, it shows blank, no dial list, no receive list, no missed call list.

However the phonebook can be sychronised and calls can be made via the phone book, but not via recent call log, which is very handy to use while you are driving!!

any suggestion peeps?

10 Replies
JayMeezy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Maybe check the permissions under the bluetooth connection. (Go in bluetooth and click the cog next to the connection name)

0 Likes
userQWNpePByxG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

thanks, did that already!

there are 3 things in there, call, audio, contact access, all chked and on however no call log showing..

0 Likes
Bly
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What vehicle do you have? Not sure if that makes a difference but I have a Nissan and I only have data in those list after connected to bluetooth and call are made or received after connected to vehicle. Whatever was in there prior to connecting does not show in vehicle. Have u noticed that? Hope this helps...

0 Likes
userQWNpePByxG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I drive a VW passat, and funny thing is it was all fine, and one fine day the call log stopped showing, I suspect it was afetr some sort of upgrade/patch of the ops system!

some bug/glitch in the system, not sure?

TheSpudman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Similar problem.. S10, VW, Contacts all okay... but no call logs.  Had an S9 before... all was okay. Unpaired and repaired... nothing.  Suspect it's a Samsung thing?

0 Likes
TheSpudman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Think I may have fixed it.... did a factory reset of the car phone... then re-paired the phone.. seemed to work for now 🙂

0 Likes
Solution
ChrisWNY
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There is no toggle within the Bluetooth "cog" settings that will allow you to flip on/off call log permissions. Bluetooth is granted read/write permissions to the call log by default. You can't change this setting as it's set by the OS.

I ran into this same issue after my S9+ updated to Android 9 "Pie". After connecting via bluetooth, my recent call history was no longer accessible, which I used quite often to dial frequent contacts instead of searching for them or typing in their number/info manually. I also noticed that contact photos would show up incorrectly. Obviously something was out of whack/corrupted, so I went ahead and initialized my bluetooth pairing with my vehicle...

There are a few things to try (not sure how much troubleshooing you've done so far)...first, remove the bluetooth pairing from your S10+ (Settings > Connections > Bluetooth > click on the cog and "unpair"), as well as deleting the S10+ from you're vehicle's bluetooth device list. Make sure the device is gone, off the device list in your car Bluetooth settings.

Next, power off your S10+, boot to Recovery (volume up + Bixby button + power button...hold all 3 until Recovery loads), and choose to wipe the cache partition. Reboot your S10+. Go ahead and re-pair the S10+ with your vehicle...agree to allow it to have access to everything it asks for...contacts, messages, etc. This should re-do your device pairing and your call log history should show up again. That's what got my call log history showing again...no guarantees it'll work in your situation, but worth a try.

As a last-ditch effort, you can always reset your network settings...this is drastic because it'll wipe out all your Wifi settings, your Bluetooth pairings, everything. The process varies based on carrier...for Sprint, open up your Phone app, dial ##72786# and your S10+ will reboot itself. Network settings will be completely reset.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

Wxman27
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having the same Problem. No Contacts or Call Log transfer to my 18 Subaru WRX or 17 Rav4. Tried the Network Reset and Cache Clear and nothing. Very Frusrating!!. I got the "Bluetooth Phonebook" which fixed the phonebook but No luck on the Call Log.

Any fixes or other Help for the Call Log??!??

0 Likes
userbf1wve7UNt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi,,

This solution did not work.. I had S9+ that had the same issue..  Upgraded to  S20FE. Same issue.  the issue is only with BMW iDrive.. thing is  I dont see this issue with iPhone or OnePlus or Pixel...  issue is only with Samsung phone or seems to be so..

0 Likes