JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Accessibility - Need darker screen

(Topic created: 10-08-2023 09:02 PM)
CJI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How do I make my screen even darker than the lowest dimmer setting? I have a Galaxy S10+. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Do you mean lower than the maximum "Extra dim" setting? If so, there is no way to make the screen darker than this. Alternatively, to turn this feature on, open your Settings and type "Extra dim" into the top search field. It will be the first result. The exact location is Settings>Accessibility>Vision enhancements>Extra dim

View solution in context

12 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Do you mean lower than the maximum "Extra dim" setting? If so, there is no way to make the screen darker than this. Alternatively, to turn this feature on, open your Settings and type "Extra dim" into the top search field. It will be the first result. The exact location is Settings>Accessibility>Vision enhancements>Extra dim
CJI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks for responding! Where do I find that setting?
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

To turn this feature on, open your Settings and type "Extra dim" into the top search field. It will be the first result. 🙂

CJI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I appreciate it!
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My pleasure! Be sure to mark this topic as solved (three dots, accept as solution) by my previous post. Doing this ensures the information remains active in the Community to benefit others who also want to enable Extra dim on their devices! 

0 Likes
CJI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Unfortunately, when I type extra dim, YouTube videos appear. There's no option for that setting on my phone. I chatted with Samsung and they showed me how to make the phone dimmer by an additional 10% under the "battery saver" mode. Thanks!
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Really? That's somewhat strange. Which One UI version do you have? Extra dim is normally located in Settings>Accessibility>Vision enhancements
0 Likes
CJI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I double checked and it's not there
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There is some information about this starting at the halfway point of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKue3uKRGf

0 Likes