JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Accessibility - Need darker screen

(Topic created: 10-08-2023 09:02 PM)
CJI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How do I make my screen even darker than the lowest dimmer setting? I have a Galaxy S10+. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Do you mean lower than the maximum "Extra dim" setting? If so, there is no way to make the screen darker than this. Alternatively, to turn this feature on, open your Settings and type "Extra dim" into the top search field. It will be the first result. The exact location is Settings>Accessibility>Vision enhancements>Extra dim

View solution in context

9 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Do you mean lower than the maximum "Extra dim" setting? If so, there is no way to make the screen darker than this. Alternatively, to turn this feature on, open your Settings and type "Extra dim" into the top search field. It will be the first result. The exact location is Settings>Accessibility>Vision enhancements>Extra dim
CJI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks for responding! Where do I find that setting?
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

To turn this feature on, open your Settings and type "Extra dim" into the top search field. It will be the first result. ðŸ™‚

CJI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I appreciate it!
CJI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Unfortunately, when I type extra dim, YouTube videos appear. There's no option for that setting on my phone. I chatted with Samsung and they showed me how to make the phone dimmer by an additional 10% under the "battery saver" mode. Thanks!
0 Likes
CJI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I double checked and it's not there
0 Likes
CJI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I see that's pretty outdated, with other people discussing 6... Can it be updated or do I need a new phone?
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The S10+ has reached the end of its OS update lifespan, and I believe it also no longer receives security updates. I recommend upgrading ASAP, especially since Samsung has since extended its policy to include 4 years of OS upgrades and 5 years of security patches for flagship devices.

CJI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you so much! You've been very helpful!
0 Likes