Accessing Upday on an S8

(Topic created: 07-31-2021 08:17 AM)
GrahamK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi,

Just moving from a J3 to an S8.

I use Upday quite a bit and it's accessed on the J3 with a right swipe from the home screen. On the S8, it's installed but I can't find a way to create a standalone icon to start it up.

Right swipe is now Samsung "Watch". Some posts says it's in Bixby but I can't find it.  Ideally an icon on the screen would be ideal.

I thought about uninstalling and reinstalling to get the icon, but you can't uninstall it.

Any help, gratefully received.

Graham.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GrahamK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've managed to work around the problem.

On the play store there is the upday app which is what is pre-installed however there is also an "Upday News" app. This appears to be identical but downloads as standard app with it's own icon.

So problem solved in a round about way.

Thanks for all feedback,

Graham.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Do you mean icon on the lock screen or home screen?
0 Likes
GrahamK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was trying to be able to access Upday in any way.

An icon on the home or apps screen would be great, just being able to access it would be great.

Graham.

0 Likes
Je655
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It looks like it's a widget now. Try pressing down and holding your homescreen till you see widgets and look for upday in there.

"If you own a Samsung Galaxy smartphone, upday will be preinstalled*, bringing you quick access to the news you want to know and the news you need to know, when you want it. Simply swipe right on your homescreen and upday opens. If you own a Galaxy S8 or S8+, you'll find upday as a widget in your Bixby assistant."
0 Likes
GrahamK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks.

It's a Galaxy S8. If I open Bixby with the "Bixby" button, I can find a "Capsule" that allows me to give Upday voice commands but not just to run it like the older "Right Swipe"

Graham.

0 Likes
Je655
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Did you look in Bixbys cards when you swipe right from your homescreen? Or on your devices home page look for widgets?
0 Likes
GrahamK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There are Upday widgets on the home screen.

If I swipe right, i get Watch samsung  tv.

If i use the bixby button, there doesnt appear to be any upday options,

Graham.

0 Likes
Solution
GrahamK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've managed to work around the problem.

On the play store there is the upday app which is what is pre-installed however there is also an "Upday News" app. This appears to be identical but downloads as standard app with it's own icon.

So problem solved in a round about way.

Thanks for all feedback,

Graham.

View solution in context

0 Likes