Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Account on two phones. Deleting affects both phones

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is difficult. Bear with me.

I recently got a work phone  it asked me to use my Google acct.  I did but it started uploading FB and other personal things I don't want on my work phone.  it took some work (a lot of work) but I was able to make a secondary Google and get my personal account off of the phone. This was a few weeks ago

Here's the issue

I recently found memos on my work phone from my personal phone. I thought they were residual from having my personal phone linked so I deleted them. Well it deleted them off my personal phone too. I cannot figure out how to restore them. Many of them are important to me and I cannot replace them. I want them back with all my heart. Can you help me recover them?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Account on two phones. Deleting affects both phones

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recieved an email asking if this solved my problem.  Not only did it not resolve my problem but it also frustrated me. I ended up calling Samsung support.

Turns out that there IS an authorized method to restoring an old backup. Also turns out that there IS a way to get my phone un-synced. 

Thank you for wasting my time!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is no Authorized method of getting deleted files back but you can look for other options on the web. As for the Google Account issues, I would go into the settings under Accounts and remove the personal account to prevent this from happening again.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sure you have many problems to reply to so I will just refer you back to my original post which clearly states that I deleted my account off my work phone. It took a lot of doing but eventually I was able to get all of my photos and other personal information off the phone. However I still have personal things on my phone, such as the memos, which when I delete off my work phone it deletes them off of my personal phone. I do not know why I am still linked to my personal phone. If you could please advise me I would appreciate it.

And I have been all over the Internet trying to find out how to recover my memos and your site was the closest thing I found to anybody that could help. There is no way to restore an old backup?

Thank you

Elizabeth

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I get the full model number of both devices? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Work Phone - SAMSUNG-SM-G891A

Personal Phone - SAMSUNG-SM-G930A

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the personal information deleted from one phone is deleted from the second phone also, then unfortunately the account was not fully removed from the device. 

Regrettably there is no authorized method of getting deleted files back. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why are there backup and restore options if you cannot restore a backup?  I am not asking to pull them out of a deleted file I am asking to restore an old backup.

How do I get my personal phone completely off my work phone?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you done helping with this matter?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recieved an email asking if this solved my problem.  Not only did it not resolve my problem but it also frustrated me. I ended up calling Samsung support.

Turns out that there IS an authorized method to restoring an old backup. Also turns out that there IS a way to get my phone un-synced. 

Thank you for wasting my time!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi