cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userHemv7mQ79M
Constellation

Re: Ad Pop Ups on Galaxy S7 Edge-Any Advice?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you!!! I have been trying for weeks to figure out which app was giving me these stupid ads! Right on your list I found it was that flashlight app. App removed, problem solved! Getting ready to upgrade my s7 edge  for the galaxy s9!I love android and Samsung. My boyfriend has nothing but Apple and I would never switch. Phones are overpriced for being so basic! Samsung is the BEST!

userjNllshkhxC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It worked, it was step tracker. Once removed ads were gone.

userCejR135axR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This just happened to me on my Samsung Galaxy S7 active. I traced it back to the solitaire app that was installed during the last software update. So apparently an app that was pushed down during an update was causing my issues. I would say that is tied to Samsung or Google perhaps.
userfVsOTsBEmx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't even get into recovery mode...HATE THESE ADS

Highlighted
userfVsOTsBEmx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't even get into recovery mode...HATE THESE ADS

userHD67M1F5du
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's been happening to my old Samsung Galaxy 4 since this Summer. I know the Canadian FIDO used to feed ads to my phone until I phoned them and they took the feature off. They said I have to mention no third party ads when I signed a contract.  I  guess it could be from your mobile phone provider. 

userHD67M1F5du
Astronaut

Could it be from Facebook messenger??

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It happened to my phone from the day I installed facebook messenger. I knew it was FB because I had never had ads on my phone screen only when I played free game apps. I uninstalled FB messenger but I presume FB had already collected my information and keep feeding me unwanted ads. 

userAwbGfvMYM1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I have this problem as well. None of the suggested solutions have worked out for me. I had not installed any new apps when this problem started suddently. Does Samsung offer any solutions for this?

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Many people in other threads with this problem say that if they disable or uninstall the Peel Remote App that these popups went away. Try that out.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userhVYiwrnFb3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got the same problem. My phone is just a week old and I downloaded air sync and double twist which I think were the culprits.  I've removed them and deleted the cache, restarted in Safe Mode, but I don't really understand what I'm supposed to do with that.  Ads have been popping up even on a locked screen - including some explicit ones.  I downloaded addons Detector and looked for push notifications on that but it came back with nothing.  Help!