cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersLUBPjodc3
Constellation

Ad Pop Ups on Galaxy S7 Edge-Any Advice?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I just purchased the S7 edge.  I am randomly getting ads popping up, and I am not sure what APP might be provoking these.  For example, I will open Facebook, and a full page gaming ad will pop up.  Or, random ads will pop up when the phone is in the lock screen.  How do I get rid of these, or figure out where they are coming from?  Super annoying!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Ad Pop Ups on Galaxy S7 Edge-Any Advice?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For anyone still having this problem after having done the suggestions, if you still are getting the popups while IN Safe Mode be sure to contact your regional Samsung support to look into setting up an evaluation and repair.

1-800-726-7864 for US based devices and www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html for non-US devices.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

47 REPLIES 47
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @usersLUBPjodc3. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.

While I don't know exactly which app you might have that is causing this, lets try a few things to fix this up.

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here.
  4. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here.

If you notice that in Safe Mode the pop ups stop, it would be a good idea to try uninstalling some of the more recently added apps. Hopefully, if it just started recently, then it's just one that was recently put on your device and should be among the first taken back out.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user9ausyZCloK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My pop ups appear to have stopped.in safe mode.  I'd already deleted all recently added apps before safe mode and was still getting pop ups ...  so now I'm not sure what to do ?

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user9ausyZCloK

I always hate to suggest going extreme, but this might be a good time to Factory Reset the phone. Of course be sure to back up everything first!  Smiley Happy

userrbjh3TkQY7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
this has been happening on my s7 also. Everyone suggests backimg up & factory reser. i haven't done this yet as no one can answer the quextion of if I'm getting all apps back on phone after reset & back-up., what prevents it from happening again? i did mot install any mew apps or games. this started happening Someone said it's a known Samsung proem! As much as i don't want to, i may have to go iphone sokn.
useruZisQlFsvk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My wife and i have s7s and we both have this advert issue. Advertisements started popping up as soon as we installed the latest samsung OS softwa re update. Is this something samsung has done. 

userNKaU6V6BU6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have I ever told you you're my hero?

Thank you, thank you, a million times THANK YOU!!!!

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @usersLUBPjodc3. I just wanted to reach back out and see if those steps helped out! If not, please let the Community know so that they can look into different ideas to help further.

userfhGghK0tzk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i had same problem with my device. in my case it was skip the dishes app

userq0IpJulUGP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When the pop up shows up hit the key left to the Home Middle bottom there you will see the pop up & what app is doing this, I myself uninstalled the app, hope this was helpful for you.