JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Adaptive Brightness won't stay off

(Topic created: 07-09-2019 04:43 AM)
userFETreRltaa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the exact same fight with my phone every single morning. I turn my brightness all the way down, it jumps back up to 50%. I turn it down, it jumps back up. Over and over again for hours. I try to turn off Adaptive Brightness, then the brightness jumps back up to 50% again and Adaptive Brightness is magically turned on again. This morning, I tried resetting the adaptive brightness which didn't change anything.

If it's supposed to learn from the adjustments I make, why doesn't it learn from me turning it down over and over again? Is there a way to make it stay off if I turn it off? I'm getting desperate here, it seems ridiculous that I can't set my own brightness level and have it stay there. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userFETreRltaa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Finally figured out the source of the problem, buried deep in the comments of a Reddit post from long ago lol. It was the Twilight app. Which is disappointing because I used it for years with my S7 Edge and never had these issues and really like the app. Sigh. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
userFETreRltaa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Finally figured out the source of the problem, buried deep in the comments of a Reddit post from long ago lol. It was the Twilight app. Which is disappointing because I used it for years with my S7 Edge and never had these issues and really like the app. Sigh.