cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bolski
Cosmic Ray

After Nougat update, I can no longer change default keyboard on Verizon Galaxy S7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The ability to change the default keyboard is no longer available under the Nougat update.

The only way to change is to go to Settings->Language and Input->Virtual keyboard->Manage keyboards and then toggle off all the keyboards I don't want to use, and only leave the keyboard I want to use toggled on.

Also, I can no longer see in the Language and Input section which keyboard is currently the default. This used to be an option pre-Nougat and selecting that option would then allow you to switch to a different keyboard.

Why is this option no longer available? Is this common in Nougat? Why are we not given an easy way to switch keyboards? The only one that actually senses when it's NOT the default keyboard and pops up a "Choose default keyboard" menu is SwiftKey. The Samsung keyboard doesn't do this, nor does GBoard. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: After Nougat update, I can no longer change default keyboard on Verizon Galaxy S7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Bolski
We've noticed several random concerns with the new update. We want to be sure that all these get fixed up as soon as possible! To help our developers and bug fixers find all of these, I ask that you post this again on this thread here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Product-Updates/Announcement-Nougat-7-0-Update-Problems/m-p/7249...
That will place all of these concerns in one place and make it much easier not only to talk to each other but to have those that need to see all of these find them faster! Thanks.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Honored Contributor

Re: After Nougat update, I can no longer change default keyboard on Verizon Galaxy S7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Bolski
We've noticed several random concerns with the new update. We want to be sure that all these get fixed up as soon as possible! To help our developers and bug fixers find all of these, I ask that you post this again on this thread here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Product-Updates/Announcement-Nougat-7-0-Update-Problems/m-p/7249...
That will place all of these concerns in one place and make it much easier not only to talk to each other but to have those that need to see all of these find them faster! Thanks.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

Bolski
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks! I've posted my issue in that thread.