Original topic:

After startup, not notified of text messages due to initial lock screen

(Topic created: 09-05-2021 09:42 AM)
userm4RVQgmpPD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I bought a new Samsung phone last week. I turn it off at night. When I turn it on in the morning, it takes about a minute for the lock screen to display. I realized today that only after I enter my PIN to get past this initial lock screen will I receive notifications if text messages are sent to me.

This is a problem because I'll often start working on a project while the phone is turning on and won't enter the lock screen PIN until hours later. During that time, someone could text me and I wouldn't know.

I've had two other Samsung cell phones in the last 5 years and they didn't have this problem. After startup and display of the initial lock screen, they would notify me of incoming texts even if I hadn't entered my PIN for the lock screen.

Why is Samsung now blocking text notifications until after I enter my PIN on the initial lock screen?

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's probably because you have auto restart on. When the phone restarts, it doesn't really fully load until you unlock it.

Go to settings and search for 'auto restart' then click on auto restart at set times.
On the top there is an on/off option
Set it to off and you should be good
0 Likes
7593Yndn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Its the security w/ the updates, and Ive also meet w same ordeal..patience, read, n re-read, agree,...+.. Good luck! W/ this all I've had to go in and READ...still, its nicer, for hackers r for real..so, I'm also in community here..add block w apps has me stuck..wish all through btr., n best too!!!
0 Likes
Smew
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What model phone do you have by the way?

0 Likes