JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

After update Android 11 not hear any ringing sound

(Topic created: 01-30-2021 04:04 PM)
VitalijusG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, what is going on with new update, I make update on a few our phones S10+ and every time the same problem. When someone call to me, only a vibrate is working. No sound at all!

The call recovers only Safe Mode. Try to remove cache, factory reset.. Smiley Mad

Does anyone know how fix it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VitalijusG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@VitalijusG wrote:

Hello, what is going on with new update, I make update on a few our phones S10+ and every time the same problem. When someone call to me, only a vibrate is working. No sound at all!

The call recovers only Safe Mode. Try to remove cache, factory reset. The same s**t. Smiley Mad

Problem detected and fixed. Primary incompatibility between Android 11 and ESET Mobile Security app.

After Android 11 update, ESET Mobile Security partially self activated "Call Filter" function,  which triggered inappropriate calls without sound (ringing). So solution is manualy turn off "Call filter" in ESET Mobile Security or appropriate this function activation after Android 11 update. I didn't check the function itself on a new Android 11, but I think so it should work.

View solution in context

6 Replies
dougsteward
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
yes I know
0 Likes
Solution
VitalijusG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@VitalijusG wrote:

The call recovers only Safe Mode. Try to remove cache, factory reset. The same s**t. Smiley Mad

Problem detected and fixed. Primary incompatibility between Android 11 and ESET Mobile Security app.

After Android 11 update, ESET Mobile Security partially self activated "Call Filter" function,  which triggered inappropriate calls without sound (ringing). So solution is manualy turn off "Call filter" in ESET Mobile Security or appropriate this function activation after Android 11 update. I didn't check the function itself on a new Android 11, but I think so it should work.

View solution in context

user1XbLOp7Wyd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you so much!!! 3 weeks of searching and testing. and indeed: ESET was the problem..

0 Likes
Members_rh69fMp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Dude that was it!!!!!!!!!  I disabled my call filter on ESET mobile security and bam it works now.  My phone is ringing!!!  Thank you much.  

How did you find that out by the way?

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. This thread will be locked for further replies. In hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, that you include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the Community!

0 Likes
userW1b3QswNTM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes had the same problem on S10 - thanks to @VitalijusG for the solution - disabled call filter and now phone rings

0 Likes